• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB and glyphosate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB and glyphosate

I have heard the CWB has indicated that it will not
    accept cereals treated with pre-harvest glyphosate.
    Actually my son said he heard it on the radio.
    Looked at CWB website and did not see any mention
    of this. Is it a rumour? Can't imagine Monsanto let this
    happen.

Then this is when the boarder challenged and the End of the CWB is here.
    They can go to Hell on this one. We dedicate Durum as an example to get the most consistent looking product. All field dies at same day. Never has Roundup effected Cereal Germination in over 20 years of use. Yes in Peas but never in Cereals.
    If this is in the CWB headlights then I am done with them.

Comment

we have to observe withdrawal times on cattle to slaughter after administering anything. don't you think it sould be the same for grains and chemicals?

Comment

Sounds like this will be important.

Comment

Just for clarity, the references I see are to malt barley - not wheat.

source the CWB bulletin - Aug. 10.

Farmers are reminded that the CWB and Canadian maltsters have zero tolerance for the use of pre-harvest chemicals such as glyphosate on malting barley. Major brewers worldwide do not want to buy grain containing pesticide or chemical residues. As well, glyphosate applied under the wrong conditions can severely reduce seed germination, which is extremely detrimental in malting barley. All chemicals applied to barley crops must be registered for the application. Label rates and pre-harvest intervals must be strictly observed.

end quote.

Comment

This is nothing new, they've been on this kick for two or three years now. Roundup is not a desicant anyway. At best it takes a week to 10 days to show symptoms and another 10 days to two weeks to for death to occur. With the exception of your low spots and weeds the litre of roundup you put on your wheat with no leaves and verry little green left isn't speeding anything along, it's not even getting in the plant. I would say that 80% was put on too late, 10% too early and the rest was just right.

On that note has anyone heard or had experience pulling the AIM out of cleanstart and using it as a desicant?

Comment

agree with Charlie
              I just heard a FYI on the radio from the CWB its for malt barley only and as far as I know we have never been able to use glyphos on malting barley.

Comment

Tried Cleanstart last year, slow, slow, slow

Comment

Is that a registered application for burndown? What is the harvest interval? Also, what are the international MRL's for carfentrazone? (AIM EC)

Comment

agree this is just for malt.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...