• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organic and local

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic and local

[URL="http://www.farms.com/FarmsPages/ChatDeshBoard/ChatThreadView/tabid/146/Default.aspx?chatid=107015&CV=1"] http://www.farms.com/FarmsPages/ChatDeshBoard/ChatThreadView/tabid/146/Default.aspx?chatid=107015&CV=1 [/URL]

just wondering what others can comment. I prefer to purchase local beef, pork, eggs and chickens, I do prefer to know where my meat is coming from, use our own wheat to grind and make flower and pasta. Use my own peas to make pea soup. Its not organic but these are my own purchasing habits, use the garden to grow the best of vegetables for taste and cripness. As far as I am concerned it the city folk want to purchase this better food they must step up to the plate and pay for it.

I agree totally, It really almost amazes me as in the case of beef, town people and some farmers without their own beef will go to the grocer and pay 3 to 5 bucks a pound for hamburger, 12 to 16 bucks a pound for steak, likely coming from some old cow or bull that was force fed in a feedlot the last few months, but yet a farmer offering good quality young beef off the farm can't get 3 bucks a pound for a half of animal, steaks roast and hamburger included. Not only would they be saving money but would be eating something alot tastier, at least we find anything bought off the farm tastes a whole lot better than the store. Vegetables, pork etc. are the same. It's really a shame what's happenning to beef and pork producers, I don't give a dam what anyone says, they face the same garbage us grain farmers face the processors and up are stealing us all blind.

Comment

The processors is one thing Country of Origin Labeling, though, is in a whole other league.

It's real easy for the Canadian companies to bend over the farmers when the border to the south is for all intents and purposes shut.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...