• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment prices out to lunch!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is more like it. There was no way in hell that your older drill and tank should only have been worth 70,000.00
    I would say try to hold off for a bit yet, they now know your old drill is for sale and if they find a buyer for it then look out, would be nice to find 2 dealers each with the same buyer so that they can start giving you daily bids better price.

Comment

Are you also buying new anhydrous controller? What do they cash out at these days? I wanted to go with the anhydrous pump for next year so to inject at higher pressure, supposed to be no more freezing problems ever and less losses. Not the one from exactix that system scares the hell out of me.

Comment

I'd like to ask why never any discussion about the Morris Contour Drill. Do they not work in your soils?? has everyone had a piece of Morris junk and have swore never again?? are they not priced right?? do they not have a dealer in the area?? too light, too heavy?? size choice?? Just wondering is I am also looking at a new drill, and don't find the size choice very good for the Morris, would like 53-55'lenght.

Comment

We took delivery of a contour drill this spring. 47 ft double shoot unit with a paired row opener, 12 inch spacing. We too would have liked to gone to 53 or 55 feet but no option there, only jump was to 60 , and then we would've needed more tractor.

Having said that, it is a pretty low draft implement and seemed to pull relatively easy even with the bigger width and cart as compared to our previous drill.

Tough spring to have a new drill as our area was slow to dry and thaw out but it worked well. A caveat, these rigs don't like wet trash like 12 inch wheat stubble. Had a hell of a mess on one 1/2 section, piles the size of coffee tables corner to corner. Dry trash not such a problem but would adivse to have your choppers working and heavy harrows going on any heavy straw pieces.

Emergence was very good and very even, and we like the way the paired row looks in the field. Field finish was pretty decent even with the 12 inch spacing. Tank is a 3 tank 335 bu unit and having used a maxim II drill and cart before was very similar to use and set.

Comment

I ordered a 41 ft 5710 bourgault with MRB
            and a 6450 tank 2 weeks ago and list price was about$268 000.00.

Traded my 32 ft 8800 with 3225 tank.
            Bourgault must be the most expensive drill out right now, I think.

Comment

Anyone ever look at a 8810? These are extremly durable and effective and alot cheaper to buy. We have had one for 14 years and have barely touched it, other than tires. Some may need steel packers. One thing, you can drop 75-100hp compared to the 5710, or easily pull that extra 10 feet. No add on mid rows. We use a liquid side shoot. Add Tech-no-tills and you could do NH3, dry or liquid. Just a thought or two.

Comment

This spring we bought the new controller for anhydrous (it stays with us), finally retired the Heiniker from USA. Looks like maybe the local dealer is a little surprised at the bid from a competitor. He phoned bourgoult complaining (brothers best friend is engineer their), I live in area where the better bid came from so to bad. Dealers figure farmers have to pay what their asking, shopping around works. Service from this deal will be excellent since their mechanic lives4 miles away and drive in every day. But Deere has protected territories so your screwed, (they wont admit that) but yes they do. Any way now the negotiations get serious.

Comment

We used a 8810 with poly packers for 12 years. Bought a used 5710 this spring and the emergence is visibly better even from the road. Much better packing and 9.8" space reduced burying front rows, giving even emergence across the width. The cart and tractor tracks hardly visible. A 55' 5710/ 3" openers pulled less than a gallon/hr more than 40' 8810/ 1" openers at 8" space, with same cart, same speed. I see 8810 at 10" space does a better job, but neighbor complains of depth variability.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...