• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storms?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storms?

Anybody get pounded with rain last night?? Davidson looked bad on Radar. We had 1.2 inches.

Haven't bought a pair of rubber boots since getting out of the cattle business! Bought a pair to see if it would make it rain. Got a downpour of 15/100th inch last night. Going to town to exchange the boots for hip waders!!! Any waterfowl show up at Davidson this morning?

Comment

A good rain last night.... 1.4 to 1.5 inches....
      between Carlyle and Arcola.... also about 1.4 inches
      at Kenosee Lake.

I thought I had forgotten how to prime the rain
      gauges...

Hope it was a good drink for the grasshoppers as
      well.

I commiserate with you folks that need water and
      missed out last night... a far too familiar feeling at
      our farm.... Bill

Comment

We got 95/100th last evening but the neighbor 3.5 miles south got over 4"s and made a real mess.

Comment

S F A coldnt buy a good soaker pst today at farm rain all around and poured at lake last night but hey 32 on weekend

Comment

Since when did we start talking in 100ths.
            I got 150 100th, give or take 15. peas are flowering nicely. Later canola awsome. Wheat unbelievable.

Comment

Late canola awesome?

Comment

When you live in an area where every drop counts..you measure evrything.

Comment

Looks awesome not counting date. Then again had 10 bushel canola once. So nice to immagine bushels in the bin anyway.

Comment

You said it Hopper. Crops are behind here somewhat, maybe 3-4 days. We always need until end of August frost free up here. If I'm cutting Canola by middle of August, usually isn't much of a crop to cut anyway.

Barley is fully headed, Wheat 30% headed fully, other 70% out of boot, Canola most 1/4's full bloom, Oats just starting to come out of boot, Peas flowering, Flax getting odd flower.

Comment

We had about 1/2 inch, but 15 miles south east Denholm had over 5 in. in less than 2 hrs. Made a real mess and closed hwy 16 for a while. Water still running full bore this afternoon. We were 2 weeks behind but with the wet cool weather we are closer to 3 weeks behind now. 80% of the peas/wht, 20% canola looks good, everything else looks crappy.

Comment

I want you 150/100th to 600/100th farmers to stop killing all the spiders!!! I'll pay the freight on a live bushel bag of them. (lol) It's coming up on two weeks of boll forming and flax bloom here, and I'm believing it's still at least a week behind normal. Our flax beat an August 18 frost a few years back. Not a chance this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...