• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

View From the Road!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View From the Road!

Well in Calgary and Wow Irrigated Excellent with patches Rest Pure ugly.
    Any way Canora to Yorkton Real nice all Crops. Yorkton to Melville Frost Damage apparent and dryer.Still good. Melville to Balgonie, One Awesome field of Canola, I repeat one Rest pure thin late and not nice. One note Balcarres worst I've seen in a while. But Barley HRS, Durum, Lentils,Flax all really nice. But nothing headed yet Thin canola trying to Bolt, Peas starting to Flower.
    Balgonie to just outside of Moosejaw, WOW WOW WOW. One note only three fields of Canola from Regina to Moosejaw along highway. lots of Lentils. Really nice but late late late. Now it starts to change Up till medicine Hat drastic poorer. Medicine hat Green. Funny. Then from their to Calgary Down Hill.
    Off to Edmonton today.

Found rooms in Calgary no problem and Stamped is On. Maybe things have slowed down here.

Comment

Should clarify worst frost Damage Yorkton to Balgonie, Canola coming back but late and patches could make a excellent crop if every thing goes well from here to harvest. Then Medicine hat to Calgary Same. But not coming back as nice If major rain event happened will make good crop but last nights weather in Calgary changed to dryer conditions.

Comment

I am in Calgary, as well, - from North Battleford to the Alberta boarder crops are O.K some very good some poor. Through to Redeer very late and very poor(Camrose - Wetaskawin) Not bad around olds and poor again into Calgary. All crops are very late all the way.

Comment

furrow one word would describe it

L A T E !

or Two words

N E E D R A I N !

or three

D A M B T H E F R O S T !

or four

Comment

There's lots of nice crops out there if you don't look at the calendar.

Comment

Calgary to Edmonton.
              Holly Sh-t. Canola 3 inches for a week then sunny and hot till November will give a huge crop. Other wise not much.
              Three guys drove to Edmonton who farm and all said wow what a huge dry area. Peas north of Calgary, you have spots in field where they are dead. probably poor soil in that spot. Durum heading thick where water ran in spring rest not nice. Basically I think were in for a huge disappointment. If the high pressure blocking system develops even nice crops will have a problem.

Comment

View from Edmonton - Finally raining. First real rain
                2009 if you exclude the showers/drizzle.

Comment

heavy rains tracking through that area this afternoon - they look nasty from here.

Comment

looks like rain is arriving in the dryer areas. Canola is still patchy, Head is in boot in lots of cereals should fill and make something now.

Comment

Still missing rain, at this stage, who cares. Yeild is set in cereals. I am sill looking at 5-10 bu wheat max, IF it grows a few more inches higher. Cheaper just to spray out. Rain will still help canola, but I'm rapidly losing interest. Guys, just be thankful "everyone" got good crops last year, At least with cashflow from last year most should be okay. This is year 2 of dry for my area, so this is not going to be to much fun. One or two years, any farm should be able to handle, but I am already wondering about next if these weather patterns hold.

Comment

Red Deer to Hana getting worse, Hana to kindersley finished. From their to watrous so so then better.

Comment

sask I would take your observation more seriously if you weren't so wrong last year.

Comment

Last year didn't look like this take a drive it makes yours look great

Comment

The 5 guys who all farm from sask said the same its ugly this way! Take a drive its worth it. Its raining in calgary today but it will just fill heads that are their the stools won't magically come back to life. It also won't fill in huge areas in the canola fields or help bring back dead areas in pea crop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...