• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since furtilizer buddy is dead.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since furtilizer buddy is dead.

Picked up a little extra sulpher phospate blend to finish up a few days ago. Price of p was 700 and blendable good s was 450, p was 690 in Feb. and S was 350 in Feb. What are others finding? Just not in my business plan to let myself get caught by our monopolistic fertilizer companies for next year.

The phos we had to buy to finish up was $685

Comment

Hopper,

DTN has an interesting article:
      http://www.webercommodities.com/index.cfm?show=4&id=0702BF4E

Fertilizer Prices Continue Slide
      By Russ Quinn
      6/3/09 1:54 PM

Comment

Our suppliers here have tried their best to completely clean themselves out of fertilizer.

Comment

What did everybody end up paying for nitrogen.
          Be honest.
          I think it was furrow who nail 450 of 46-0.
          I was 490 of 46-0.

Comment

$370/t. 28-0-0 in January. Stored by dealer.

Comment

$295/T 28-0-0 priced in Dec stored in our tanks.

Comment

Bought at seeding, NH3 $.506/lb if picked up.

Comment

Paid $500 for 46-0-0 Dec. 31/08-they stored.

Comment

475 for 150 tonnes of 46 (January 09)but I leased bins to store it in. The price increase paid the lease on the bins.

Most have been saying the price decrease will be July.

My best guess would be 425 for 46-0-0. Phos could be in the 450 -475 area.

Thats a gut feeling. It a price point that I would be prepared to pay for 2010 crop inputs. Providing it starts to rain.

Comment

NH3 $975/tonne, dealer pup and delivery

Comment

Bucket I don't think we will see those prices, our fert. industry will try to gouge us first and we will have to threaten with imported fertilizer.

Comment

China's tariff on fert comes off at the end of the month. Should be able to buy 46 below 400.

Comment

Lets not forget easily what the locals did to us last year. Lets put the presser on.

Comment

If it doesn't rain it don't matter. The dealers know this. The local dealers are asking how much do they need to bring in. They don't want to have any fertilizer in their bins.

I think the dealers are going to squeeze the agriums and pots. They are going to force them to lower their price or they won't buy. Once the sheds at mosaic are full what are they going to do - shutdown. That is pretty expensive - actually more expensive than cutting the price by 150/tonne.

And potash's rocket scientist billy doyle is going to have to start explaining to his shareholders why the profits aren't there. Someone might want to explain that keeping the plants running and selling a million tonnes at 300/tonne makes more sense than selling 300 tonnes at a million/tonne.

Just so you all know there is 1800 years of potash under saskatchewan. Thats a few lifetimes. Someone ought to explain there is no shortage of potash to doyle. This is when it gets to be called gouging.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...