• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no frost yet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no frost yet

I'll guess we will see just after sunrise. The next test looks like thurs a.m.

We'er 1 @ 5am, but I see Leader at -2 and S'toon at -1

Comment

Here(Lake Lenore, Naicam) it started too freeze at 1am, and its just above the freezing mark now. Hope it doesn't do any damage. Here are the temps according to my weather centre. From what I was watching last night this is about as cold as it got anywhere. I thought I was going to puke last night when I saw that it was 2 degrees colder on my weather station than anywhere else, made for a rough night of sleep.

Temp
      12:00 AM 0.8
      12:45 AM 0.2
      1:15 AM -0.1
      1:45 AM -0.5
      2:15 AM -0.8
      2:45 AM -1.9
      3:45 AM -2.8
      4:00 AM -3.9
      5:30 AM -0.4

Comment

Freeze dried? No white frost but every canola and pea feild I checked the plants were frozen stiff from 5 - 6:30. It looks like we started to freeze here by 2:30 am. I have never seen plants frozen stiff that break apart when handled. I do not think this will be good at all. Is a dry freeze worse? No surface moisture for white frost.

Comment

No wind, no moisture, not good. Minus 5 with snow is better than a dry minus 1. Some plants in the garden we're already yellowing in the mornign in S'toon. Hoping the cold slid into the valley at the farm.

Comment

Frost this am

Comment

fjlip,

You are posting June 3

Comment

Peas going backwards by the hour, definate damage to canola on stb, thurs or friday should tell the tale. Looks like north and east of the Battlefords is the worst so far. -6 in some places. -2 here but for 4-5 hours.

Comment

Frost here last night. Canola hurt bad.

Comment

How could the date be tomorrow? My computer says the 2nd. Last week one of my posts was duplicated several days later. I had nothing to do with that. Has this stuff happened before?

Comment

Maybe the server "froze up". Either that or you just ahead of your time.

Comment

I have some frost damage too, And all I recorded was -0.5C I'd hate to be in an area where it was colder. But then again, I might consider trading that for some moisture.

I posted some pictures of my damaged Mustard here;
                        http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=103253&mid=731123#M731123

Comment

NOTHING worse than dry. In 1980 we lost the canola June 6, because it was very dry. In other years even -4C when wet or the night after rain does no damage. Sorry to hear that. Thermo showed 0.5C in yard but seems like you can take a couple off that in the field. I saw a few frozen canola where in straw in lower areas. Will check tomorrow. Rose Valley area.

Comment

Wheatking, what kind of weather station and where is it located? How far above ground is the sensor?

Comment

There is a little damage on the canola,
                              maybe 20%. Kind of funny how the frost
                              works, one plant will be black and
                              right next to it the canola will be
                              growing just fine.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...