• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Done, Seeding now time to hit the lake.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done, Seeding now time to hit the lake.

Finished tonight tomorrow its up to the lake to open up and enjoy a cooler summer. Funny their is a frost warning for regina and East sask for tonight.
    God I hope this isnt 04 and 02 all over again.
    Most are done in our area except for one guy who still has 12000 acres. No its not the new super duper farm. I dont think their done yet.

hey Saskfarmer...have fun at the lake...i take it you are going there to do some ice fishing???

i am curious about the super duper farm...we hear little if nothing about it here in BC...have you heard any scuttlebutt??? does it look like they know what they are doing??? thx..vs

Comment

looks like super duper farm has just done a preseed burn off on 20000 acres so should seed first week of June.

Comment

No way. I guess you could have a job but I am sure you would rather go fishing.

Comment

I am down to one more quarter but it needs a little work. Then gotta spray some fields before canola comes up then go fishing.

Comment

when I grow up I want to be a Saskatchewan farmer, work 3 months a year and tell the rest of us how hard life is the rest of the time.

Comment

Excellent observation mcfarms. Now, does anyone want to complain about the school teacher who has the summer off?

Comment

I often do, but just about how with longer school days the school board here has somehow maged to turn just about every holiday into a four day weekend somehow. That said it just gives me a couple more helpers more often.

Comment

for those of us that don't know - what is the 'super duper' farm ?

Comment

be careful mcfarms...i think the NFU document kinda intimated that those of us who use family members (ie slaves)as a part of the business plan...never get compensated for their time or effort...in other words...it has become another cost of doing business that further denegrates any income we THINK we are making from cattle or grain or whatever...funny though...i find it much easier to find help pushing cattle from range to range than i do feeding early AM's in the winter...lol...

the super duper farm is that wonderfully symbiotic relationship formed by wall street power brokers and the native indians to farm a million acres of land across canada...i dont remember the actual given name though...wasnt it "oneearth farms" or something??? vs

Comment

ok - now i know what the superduper farm is - - when that was announced i gave it less than a 2 year life....

Comment

SKFARMER may be talking about this one...

http://www.wigmorefarms.com/

Comment

Na I am talking about one earth. Drove through the two reserves on way to lake they just had a burn off and nothing seeded. All stubble burnt off.

Comment

Is that a burn off like they usually do, that is burn everything black?

Comment

we should get a fishing section going on here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...