• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Initial Payments plus New Grades

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Initial Payments plus New Grades

A note that 01/02 initial payments were released today. You also have new grades. Notes

Values were set at 75 % of the June 2001/02 pool return outlook (this is when the recommendation to the federal government would have gone in). They are less than this relative to the July.

Grade spreads are as indicated in the PRO. No changes - read my comments on FPC contracts/implications.

There is now a 4CWRS wheat and a protein grid by 1/10s after 13 on 3CWRS. No protein segregation for other classes except the traditonal opremium for soft white wheat, red winter and extra strong that meets protein criteria (one only). I have to admit to being caught off guard on this one.

My calculation is that the current rate, we are likely to have 1,000 grade categories by the year 2005 (that wouldn't include protein segregations). Obviously I am being cynical. I have to raise the question as to whether adding more grade/protein categories (realizing protein is blended to meet a spec) is benefiting anyone. Why not have a relatively simple grade breakdown. Then tender to grain companies for sales with specific quality/protein requirements and allow them to go the country elevator system. Heavan forbid, they may have to pay premiums to bring supplies in that meet very specific qualities. Even worst, they may make extra money because they do a good job. (More cynical comments).

Others thoughts.

Charlie,

I am amazed that they actually gave us a couple of days to do an analisis on the grade splits that the initials create.

Is it possible that the federal government watches this site?

We as you will remember asked for them to be announced earlier, a few weeks back!!!

Maybe all our work is not in vain????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...