• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sunspot activity effects on crop yield

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunspot activity effects on crop yield

This might not be marketing but what the hell. Sorry you will have to cut and paste this cause I dont know how to do links

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/04/01/nasa-headline-deep-solar-minimum/

I found this link and am trying to remember? More sunspots means warmer season? Less means cool (and presumably wet?)
    Seems I remember somebody here saying there was a correlation between sunspot activity and crop yields worldwide? Cool season will help some areas but up here frost is always an issue.

Sunspot activity has a greater influence than anything we can do to alter climate. At the worst decrease in sunspot activity could mean another ice age. At best it could mean cooling conditions , lost production and mass starvation. There is a reason the ancients worshipped the sun. I have been reading warnings about sunspot activity decreases since last fall.

Comment

I thought that sunspots were areas on the surface of the sun that is cooler which seems kind of contradictory to the data.

Comment

We need some mass starvation to reduce ever-growing world obesity, and especially if we can coincide it with al gore's global warming, enabling world-wide taxation measures that will reduce both of the above, as well as your pocket book.
        pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...