• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go back to Australia

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go back to Australia

Whity, what were you thinking when you terminated the malt pool and all the export sales you passed up beforehand.
    I ask for your resignation.

Interesting we now have farmers taking out malt contracts for the 09 crop.
    Are we going to have a pool until End Jan?
    End Nov? End May? Will we have Cash prices availlable at pop up dates? Will we have 2 3 or 4 or 12 different pools? A hot shot decision maker like you I would hope would have some answers.

Comment

I wish that there were more pro-cwb people or cwb people themselves that read these. Are there any?

Comment

Dont think of it as resigning. Think of it as being fired by your shareholders.
        If we are forced to participate in this shitty (program, organization, corporation, cult, yes I think a cult fits best) cult then why dont we have some input?
        Fire whites ass and deport him.

SCREW THE CWB

Comment

Oh don't you worry CL they're watching this site all right.

Comment

I'm thinking about sending an e-mail to Ritz, Harper and my MP as well as the opposition leaders and ag critics (I have their e-mails if anyone wants them and I actually got a response from comrade Wayne Easter once) and tell them that even if the majority of farmers like the CWB and want it to retain its monopoly, the majority should not have the right to decide for the minority because it infringes on individual rights. If the CWB is as effective as they claim to be, if their volume goes down 20%, then they won't lose their ability to get the so-called premiums in the market. What is the difference between people moving to any buyer in the world vs a scenario where the wheat and barley quality is bad and 20% of the wheat goes to the feed markets? Under their current arguments, the monopoly is less effective because they are not in fact the monopoly confiscater because the wheat is going to domestic feed markets. I don't see a difference.

Comment

c/l, most board supporters do not have access to the internet in old folks holmes.

Comment

The majority of western Canadian farmers would look at a thread like this and laugh if they cared enough to read it.

Comment

And they would laugh why?
                  They would laugh at CWB policy.
                  Stubble get in the real world.

Comment

Lets look at the bigger picture of selling our malt barley. In a nut shell the CWB held back barley sales to 60 percent of what they could have sold so that the pro would stay where it is. Where does that leave the best interests or the net producer gain or loss?

Comment

Ian White says, Western Producer

We need to make sure that our sales program is conducted as carefully as possible to maximize the benefits to farmers given the current situation.

So while the Chinese are crying for malt barley the European Union is making all the sales. And next years sales.

Ian thinks we did good because we have 5 dollar malt.

Comment

Stubble, cry is more like it. I would be willing the buy the one way ticket to the land down under.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...