• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is dry in Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the last two days have been really bad.

I watched my neighbours buildings burn to the ground this afternoon, not a thing anyone could do about it. Started in the green house and then took everything out. They escaped with their lives.

The fire jumped across HWY 16 and 300 meters away it destroyed all the neighbours hay. They were able to stop his buildings from burning though.

We have had less than a tenth of an inch in May in Sherwood Park, with the dryest 7 past months on record.

Comment

Wow what rain will do to lift your spirits. Finally we received a nice shower. The entire Southwest portion of Sask. received 0.75 to 1.25 inches this morning. With my own farm getting close to 1". IT was a nice soaker. I hope this is the start of more to come for everyone!!

Comment

Finally northwestern Alberta has rain.

Over an inch just east of Edmonton.

Reports of up to 2 inches in the Peace.

This hasn't gone very far south though.

Comment

Here in Northeast Alberta it's been difficult to squeeze more than a 1/10 of an inch out of the clouds. Enviroment Canada says there is rain on the way, lets hope so. I have found you can get accumulation totals on farmzone.com.

Comment

Still awfully dry here at Red Deer Alta.
            The barley and wheat are just surviving and the grass isn't growing. The last four days the SE wind has been blowing and it is fairly cold. I am thoroughly sick of feeding cows! Hay is very expensive...150/ton for round bales. Very few weeds growing so far and nobody doing any spraying.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...