• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Fall Fertilizer Prices!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Fall Fertilizer Prices!

Some US Prices!
    46-0-0 $365
    11-52-0 $420
    82-0-0 $495
    NH3- $500
    46-0-0 $375-420
    18-46-0 $450-475
    0-0-60 $250-300

How come I don't see prices like ones quoted by my retailer.

46-0-0 - $450.00
    82-0-0 - $785.00

Boys are dollar is almost par something funny is happening in the Fertilizer business and its they have the ability to Screw Canadian Farmers.

Some more also a discount for volume!
    2007 FALL FERTILIZER PRICES

PRODUCT PRICE/LB PRICE/TON

NH3 82-0-0
    Prepay - July
    100% Prepay $.290/lb $475.00/ton

Booked July
    $100.00/ton $.296/lb $485.00/ton

UAN 32-0-0
    Prepay - July/Aug
    100% Prepay $.469/lb $300.00/ton

Booked July/Aug
    $50.00/ton $.484/lb $310.00/ton

MAP 11-52-0 $.448/lb $466.00/ton

Potash 0-0-60 $.223/lb $281.00/ton

Please call for Volume Discounts on NH3

Comment

I know it doesn't make up for the whole difference, but it looks like the US prices are in short tons and the Cdn are in metric. Again, not the whole difference.

It's not just fertilizer though. It's a con on everything from equipment and vehicles on down to books and birthday cards.

Comment

You're right re: con on everything. Re: vehicles, the manufacturer's won't adjust for the exchange rate on SRP. With GM, a memo went out to all US dealers informing them that they would loose their franchise with GM if they sell to a Canadian resident. I thought I had a new pickup bought last fall at Williston, dealer told me later, sorry we can only sell to you if you have a US address.(New only, OK to sell used) I found a dealer that figured out how to do it, made myself Can$8K.

Comment

Quick question Wedino? Well, actually, two. Would you have had to make any changes to a new one to bring it to "Canadian spec"? Would your local dealer have serviced a new one purchased in U.S?

Comment

No changes to vehicle. Must clear through RIV(Registry of Imported Vehicles) No problem servicing, warranty follows vehicle into Canada if it's a used vehicle. Mine came into Canada with 10 miles on odometer(plus miles I drove from Chicago to Portal). Had a power steering hose replaced by local dealer on warranty.

Comment

Saskfarmer,when you make your boarder run in nov you could back haul some fertilizer.

Comment

This is the free market at its best/worst, depending on what side of the counter you are on. Charge, whatever the market will bear. Farmers are stupid, they have to buy the stuff, can't farm without it. We are hooked on the junk/fertilizer, have to have/use it, no choice, zero till, continuous crop. Stand in line boys to pony up, this is Canada's open market system. I also like the new electricity prices that are coming down the pipe, along with natural gas. Deregulation, costs more, poorer service each and every time............ The price of FREEDOM is high, enjoy the moments and challenges involved in paying these huge bills. Suc it up, no more sniveling and whinning........

Comment

My fertilizer dealer gets back from Agrium meeting in Saskatoon today. He should have prices next week. They basically set prices to "whatever the market will bear". That translates to pricing of offshore urea landed locally. I farm between Agrium Redwater and Agrium Fort Saskatchewan and probally pay the highest prices in Western Canada.

Agrium and Potash Corp. have had great earnings this past year. I don't have a huge problem with that. Perhaps they will continue to invest in their operations. By the way our farm will be having record earnings this year also (even with my participation in the CWB). Please don't hate me for it.

Comment

Sask do you guys used prilled urea at all as its substancially cheaper.
                    Also does anyone store fert in silo bags.

Comment

Saskfarmer,
                      I thonk we could step that border run up to October, sounds good?

Parsley

Comment

Crusher our farm to probably will have a positive return but the 37 temp of the last week or two sort of changed that, So count your lucky stars you didn't get this crap. Now sounds like you and your fert Dealer are really cosy That's nice but what ticks me off is that if we use the same rational why are Canadian farmers gouged and US farmers with Huge subsidies get the brakes. they sell Fert Cheaper to then than us by a large amount. Are Canadian Farmers like You just stupider than the US farmers so they figure they can Over charge us, Maybe rethink your relationship with your Fert Dealer, hes no friend of yours.
                        Ma-lie no one is doing that yet but an Idea, with the silage bags or Grain bags,

Comment

Did anyone go with the FNA price to my area was 489 dollars per ton. Paid up front with possibly some rebait. I think I still have to pick it up and truck it home. I was not really interested.
                          Saskfarmer the USA N plants have been shutting down because they cannot compete with the MiddleEast companies. Somehow this created the atmosphere for our fertilizer manufacturers to price our fertilizer as it would cost from the middleEast. I suppose if us farmers started a cooperative fertilizer plant it is possible that Agium and Potash Company are powerfull enough they could shut us down. Unless we remember what they are doing to us.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...