• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaffs Question to me

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaffs Question to me

Took a quick 24 hour trip to toon town and logged on to find a hell of a lot of posts.(is the word hell a bad word,is it o.k,i wouldnt want anybodys eye balls to fall out)

Chaffs question-"does one seller command a higher market price?"(is this the question)

Cottons answer-"YES"

If you cant work your way through this very simple logic i cant help you.If you want to keep rationalizing this concept with ridiculuos newspaper cut outs about chinese noodles just to "back up" your infalable ideaologies i cant stop you.

I will just keep countering your delusional thoughts so that other people in computer land have the chance to here the "otherside".

Ok, but what if the one seller is...,

well...,

An idiot?

Comment

or retarded

Comment

Exactly my point.

Comment

Not backing up a counter argument with anything is like not making an argument in the first place. But you keep right on trying there cotten.

Comment

To see an interactive demonstration on cwb marketing.

http://www.pagetutor.com/idiot/idiot.html

Comment

Thats a good one.

Comment

What you may fail to understand cotton is the CWB is not one seller, it is one of many. It's an international market and the CWB is not at the top of their game but with a mandate to sell 1/12 of the crop every month. This is called dollar cost averaging - but since all the international customers realize this too, the discount occurs a little too often and the price they get is less than mediocre.

Comment

Cotton,

The CWB Pool system is the biggest problem.

CWB managers hold on to it... for dear life... when it is a deadly drug that is killing the CWB.

To be effective marketers that extract the most for grain growers... pooling MUST change to a simple option that growers choose... NOT the only method the CWB sales dept. uses to sell our produce.

1. CWB Mangers MUST have a real cost of sales... and create real value to benefit growers. Buying our grain at 65% of fair market value... then calling anything more returned to growers "profit"... you must agree is obsene. If OPEC did this they would definately be known as a price lowering system.

2. CWB systems must facilitate sales for growers... and encourage innovation and respect private client information. Stealing customers may be "cute" from a comand and control point of view... but it does not help create value or extract a premium for growers produce.

3. CWB systems must lower the cost between growers and end users of getting the transaction competed... not be one of the highest cost systems possible... which gets bled off to all the folks along the food chain from the farm gate to consumers plate. WE must become more efficient in creating value... which will add profit to the bottom line of effective self disciplined marketers who must return this value to the growers to remain the marketer.

Chaff and Incognito, Charley and Pars have all tried to explain these issues 1000 times.

The CWB "Single Desk" is a "drug". It is hurting everyone... because the power it commands is not based on respect and integrity. It is based on hand cuffs and jail time for those who have valid concerns that should have been solved 14 years ago. Goodale is the guy who should get the cuffs... for being such a coward and letting CWB Mangers get away with murder.

Comment

Tom, just to clarify,

you used the term "murder" in the figurative sense, right.

Comment

interesting points Tom.

When some one or institution sells to larger groups/ countries is not a lot of the principles the same as when one sells to one? It still comes down to people making the transaction.

So in my opinion the mindset is important. Maybe it is just semantics, but I think it speaks to an attitude which can cost sales.

I find the term extract more aggressive then needed. I agree a selling agent needs to work to gain the highest value for those it represents.

If you walked on to my yard as an agent for a crop input supplier and told me that you were going to extract as much as you could from me. Where is the value proposition?

"don't hate me becuase i'm a retard "

Comment

Adam,

THe simple fact that you needed to ask about "Murder" says volumes without saying any more.

An organisation handling $Billions... over many generations... simply put problems come because of all the power & economic force the CWB commands over peoples lives.

SIMPLE REALITY.

OPEC is no different. NOR the AWB.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...