• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer to Benny - Re IP Addresses - Multiple Users...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answer to Benny - Re IP Addresses - Multiple Users...

Hi Benny:

You asked me a question about IP addresses and people using multiple user names to confuse the forum....

I asked our tech guys about the IP addresses and checked to see if it was the same person posting under different names.

Our tech guys were not sure what IP addresses were leading you to believe the posts were from the same person, but after I looked at the weblogs, all of the people you listed on the other post are different individuals and not the same person.

I am not sure how we can prevent people from having more than one account and I am not sure if I want try to manage this, I think the forum is a place for debate and discussion and I doubt if one individual can shift the debate using tricks like multiple usernames.

Crap does that now make me anti-cwb?

Comment

LIFER: You are full of beans. Read some of today's posts if you want to see the four letter word used numerous times in a group sense. Must I have to quote them for you?

Gawd you like to discredit pro-CWBers as all being liars and villains.

We CWB supporters are NOT all evil trolls waiting under the bridge as you trundle across with your free-market barley on your way to the U S of A.

Comment

Wilagro,

"---- you like to discredit pro-CWBers as all being liars and villains."

One thing I have learned is... one "sin" is no worse than any other "sin".

Guilty is Guilty.

There is only one unforgivable sin... Wilagro...

Comment

oh. I also get tired of generalizations. We need to recognize the diversity in farming. To break it down to pro-cwb and anti-cwb is simplistic in my opinion and unwise.

Comment

Wilagro why would you use "anti-cwbers" in a sentence why not use another term (people for one)

Are you trying to discredit these people?

Comment

Lifer, you can't be mad at Benny. Until he starts attending his AA meetings, we are all doomed

Comment

Thank-you Joe for putting the issue to rest.

Comment

Wilagro,

I agree with Joes statement:

"I think the forum is a place for debate and discussion and I doubt if one individual can shift the debate using tricks like multiple usernames."

Good point JOE!

Kind of like CWB logic that CWB Directors would know too much about grain markets... through CWB 'insider info' and be in a conflict of interest over sales made by their farm through the CWB. The best marketing strategy for many years...

is to use the old LIFT Logic!

ANyone remember it?

Comment

Thanks for answering Joe that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses are in no way related to user names as if to be used as some unique identifier to group users as the same.

Comment

Wilagro, It's hard to keep up to the duds here on angriville. They are true legends in their own minds. They can tell that all CWB supporters are drunks, for example, from their postings, what fools. They are trying to take credit for the high barley prices right now. Another joke! Master marketers, right (chislers and lackeys) are what they really are. Farmers destroying their own marketing system, truly insane. **Interest rates are staring to climb boys, now we'll see who the real men are in the age world** Let the whinning and sniveling begin!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Burbert,

You said:

"Another joke! Master marketers, right (chislers and lackeys) are what they really are. Farmers destroying their own marketing system, truly insane."

Question, what is your investment in the grain industry? Can you see any other force than competition keeping our cost of doing business, low enough to be competitive and profitable, in the long term on a global scale?

Comment

If this was golf, I would call your comment a pre-shot whine. Going into your golf bag to pick out a club on the tee box and you have already written a 9 on your score card. Your assumption is everyone else has done the same.

You know something. Everyone looks down the same fairway. Some can knock the ball out 250 yards and have it in the middle of the fairway/on the short grass. Easy iron onto green. 2 puts (maybe 1) and you have a par or if lucky a birdie.

Farming is the same (maybe too theoretical as government employee). Skills as a manager. Patience. Discipline. Perhaps a little luck.

The other similarity is that both are individual games where you (hopefully) are continuously improving your play/management of your business.

I should note my own hypocracy in making the above statements. The comment is some have 30 years experience. Others have one years experience 30 times. I fit in the latter category but don't make my living off golf/play because I enjoy being with friends outdoors.

Comment

My question is why would Benny make up some story about how he was able to tell that multiple users where all the same person logging in from the same IP address? He's gotta be smart enough to know that if he's lying about it somebody is gonna call him on it and make him look like an idiot.

Comment

It seems to be a common tacticslag used on the left wing blogs. I have seen it done many times outside of Agri-ville.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...