• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barley

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barley

I know that this is not a forum for soliciting business...but...in the interest of making people money, I am going to post this anyway.
    I own a brokerage and consulting company and I am in desperate need of a lot of feed barley for some of my customers. If you have some, post your direct email address and I'll get you a price. There is very little barley on farm, and 2 months until harvest, opportunity is knocking.
    thanks

Opportunity is knocking, meanwhile the CWB is in the shower with the NFU and the radio is blaring golden oldies in the background.

Comment

I am always concerned about the confidentialiy issues of posting actual names/email addresses. As a partial solution, there is a buy sell area on agri-ville.

http://www.agri-ville.com/marketplace/how-it-works.shtml

Another solution (not perfect because is still possible to find out who sent) is to set up a hotmail/yahoo account. Your identity is protected and you can walk away from if it gets on a spam list.

Comment

I am not trying to create any problems, just to help some buyers and sellers out. Maybe you could acutally add a Grain Wanted/For Sale topic under commodity marketing?

Comment

Hey Adam...neeed a ray of sunshine ?Phone Bitzhenry and discuss her comments......you`ll be lucky IF she doesn`t hang up on you!!!Definetly a candidate for stress bonus cheque!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good post guys this premium market is a farce.

Note from CWB to buyers

1. Always say to public you paid a premium or will be cut off cheap wheat. Ops I meant high price product. HE HE.
            2.If market is at 240 come in at 30 to 40 percent off that we have a volume discount but its not published so just low ball us we will probably take it.
            3. Do like warbiton Always praise how we do business it makes us look good at home.
            4. Just like the big guys do buy some nice CWB soveneers and we will throw in a couple million metric tons just to show we love you guys.

Comment

what's your bid, delivered where?

i have heard $4.25/bu dlvd picture butte; 4.15/bu lethbridge so far, but nothing too sporty in sk.

mb bids are in the $4/bu range but firming steadily this week.

Comment

There is already a place on Agri-ville where "for sale" or "wanted to buy" can be posted. Go to the lower right-hand corner of the home page. There's a link called "Post an Ad". I haven't used it but give it a try. Let Charlie and I know how effective you think it is.

Comment

did some barley over $3.50 FOB Yorkton yesterday.

Comment

No new opportunities, just a grain cycle. Barley has been over 3.00 over ten years ago. We are just coming out of a long bear market. Nothing to do with the way grain is marketed Frisco, just good old supply and demand. Grain for fuel will give a short term up, but feed and food will be the long term drivers.

Comment

Hey broker, what is feed wheat trading for at Yorkton?

Comment

agstar77 wasn't Continental barley 10 years ago? I thought that was what help barley break $3.00. Just wonder where we would be if the CWB had not shut that one down

Comment

I think the continental market was in the spring of 1993 (I remember a 1.20/bu cash bid at AWP when the CWB screwed us again).

Comment

Mole,

feed wheat FOB Yorkton is trading about $4.25. Softening a bit though, with corn down, a lot of buyers are switching.

Comment

Will the softening corn market pull down your 3.5 / bu fob barley bid. Is this bid for all types of feed barley?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...