• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding Changes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding Changes

We have cut back on proposed cropping plans of wheat and canola and now the only option for us is Barley. How many out there have or are contemplating the same move? Seed Barley is in short supply here in Central Alberta.

Is this significant or are we in a small bubble?

Rod,

A wild guess... 3 million more acres of barley than what was planned?

Comment

I think barley will increase in acreage. We are looking at least until weekend for weather to start seeding again in Eastern Sask.
      Rained all day today and tonight their calling for 20 more mm. Then wet till saturday.

Comment

I was thinking about the rise in barley acres as I was walking across the field. crap. stuck again. wheat should go to $10 a bushel like CP says cause I didnt get any seeded.
        planned on 50% wheat, 30% canola and 20 barley. Looks like 40% canola 50 barley and 10% sloughs.

Comment

Seeding is 75% done in this area and very little hrsw went in the ground. Less than 50% of normal. jmo Barley seed is virtually non-existant at this time. Pes are the same,no seed left. Options for later seeded crops are going to be very limited soon.

Comment

flax?

oil sunflowers?

Comment

Wheat is going to 10$ because of global monetary inflation.

Dont worry though all the other grains will rise too.

Were getting a nice rain in southeast sk.Inch and two tenths so far.

Comment

Very few wheat acres going in northeast sask because of frieght and wheat midge. The deductions to get wheat to port is ridiculous. Canola and oats are going to have large acres. Only thing is how many canola acres might have to be reseeded with little top quality seed left?

Comment

In Rose Valley area, sounds like most farmers seeded canola first. Some wheat, little barley and oats yet, but an inch and a half till 3pm today will keep us in the yard for many days! Ducks as swimming where we seeded. About 50% done in the area. IF! we get to seed the rest, wheat acres will be way down.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...