• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confusion & Chaos Is A Good Thing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion & Chaos Is A Good Thing

Well from the looks of it, the master marketers, are set to do well, now that confusion and chaos prevail in the malt markets. Time will tell. I believe that the current price of barley is due to a shortage, malt and feed. Small barley crop grown, cause all the big guys grew canola and wheat last year. This year lots of malt barley will be planted, cause it's cheap to grow, and everyone thinks that the malteys will be banging on their door this fall, if not it is cow food. No CWB will mean true price discovery, I bet the glut in barley will cause the price to drop like a stone. My 2 pennies worth of wisdom, like it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll love those maltsters, because they love the single desk just like you do!

You'll be soon bonding more than ever, Burbert. Call a big maltster and bond. Just whisper, "I'm a single-desk supporter", and you will have a contract before you can say, "and I love the Wheat Board, too"

Parsley

Comment

Two things come to mind when thinking about the higher commodity prices: corn and ethanol. May have something to do with the feed barley price, too bad we do not have any market signals/price signals available for malt barley to reflect this. Oh yeah, the CWB sold most of the malt last fall. What a great concept, no confusion just low prices.

Comment

Pars, Malt barley, barley for that matter is off the table this year. Normally, I do the exact opposite of whatever you master marketers suggest, or anything the AB Gov' believes. Most farmers however follow the herd, and would jump off a cliff if that course of action was recommended, and they could make a profit doing sooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Comment

burbert

You should be growing malt barley for the CWB so that they can bail out Prairie Malt. Your commitment to the single desk is suspect at best or are you willing to admit that the CWB is not what its PR department wants us to believe!

Comment

Burbert

Just curious what you will be growing. Seems like you had some cows as well. Are you expanding your cow herd? This would take your view of being a contrarian to the ultimate.

Comment

Yes, Burbert, why aren't you and all the monopoly supporters coming to the CWB's rescue? Don't you know you get wonderful price premiums when you deliver to the CWB. Don't you listen to Richard Grey?

It's pretty clear that Prairie Malt made these deals with the CWB before the feds made their policy announcement. Well then, if we are to believe Grey & Co., wouldn't the CWB have soaked it to them?
              And if that's the case, you'd expect farmers to be lining up to deliver to the CWB. They're not. And you'd think that Prairie Malt would be only too happy to get out of these contracts. They're not. What does that tell you Burbert?

Comment

mudinyoureye, What it tells me, is that the malteys are good business people, that aren't buying hand to mouth. Because there are not many deliveries currently being made, means that there is little if any barley left to deliver, to malteys or CWB. Remember there was a small barley crop planted last year. Most farmers are thinking about planting now, not delivering grain! Mud, mud everywhere!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...