• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Dollar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Dollar

Is dropping like a stone.

.805 here we come!

Just curious on your comment that the loonie is headed lower relative to the US buck. Charts still look pointed higher to me (at least when I look at weekly/monthlies). A combination of the fact Canada is a resource based economy and ongoing failure to deal with their spending issues south of us also speak to a higher dollar.

My issue is not information itself but what you do with it. The risk right now for most farmers is the impact of a higher dollar (a lower dollar is a benefit to commodity prices). So from there, does a business look at buying calls or other tools on dips?

Comment

cottonpicker,
      I think this may be the first prediction you are correct on.

Comment

Charlie,slight misinterpretation.

The us dollar is going to .805 on its index.This is its old low and once it crosses it it will have a major drop.

The cando is headed to par.

It would almost be impossible to have a week cando and strong commodity market.We can take solice in the fact that our purchasing power will be greater.

I'll take a strong dollar strong grain price over weak dollar weak grain price anyday.

Nw9 care to share your thoughts?

Comment

I agree that we have a appreciating dollar into summer. Todays value will seem cheap soon enough. I'm predicting .93 to .95 cents. I think the most interesting story will be the gold price. We will take out $700 at the beginning of next week before it settles down. $800 by July.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...