• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the CWB Ever Stop Pillaging Organics?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chuckchuck,

You are now a self-appointed organic expert-wanna-be.

Not.

Don't ever try to tell organics how to grow and develop an industry, because they did it in spite of people who write and central-direct as you try to do.

If we had depended upon advice, such as yours, organics would still be selling #3.00 wheat to third world countries with Machej as the accredited agent.

And with you pounding home to us, how profitable that is for farmers.

Your advice appears just as distasteful as your your gall does sufferable.

Your vision of benefitting farmers is about as beneficial as would be to adopt three novel CWB ideas:

1.Substituting green paper for white, on license application forms.

2.Adopting a different font on buyback instructions.

3. Prepare a list of 6 different ways to sell to the CWB,

The CWB vision, a discarded vision by so many Western producer,is frozen in "threshing days mentality", get new horses,get new leather for the reins, get the straw in a pile, get the stooking done. They reflect what you can let go of, ...sell to the Board, sell to the Board. sell to the Board.

Why don't you also mention that the Canadian Wheat Board Directors and Minister, a few years ago, purposely approved having changed the CWB Act, so that wheat and barley IMPORTS into Canada would not be suject to the national tariff requirement in 46(d)/14(b), and consequently, mills in Canada buy organic grain from other countries.

You opine for Jail Western farmers not allowed to sell out of the country, and vote "Open the Gates" for anyone bringing grain in. This is your idea of a monopoly. It is so sad and tired and bankrupt.

Lastly, Chuck Chuckchuck; you might at least have the metal of character to continue to write under your common handle.

Parsley

Comment

gregpet.
      You know as well as I do Greg Arason CEO of the CWB contradicted the Minister of Ag. on the Algerian sales at Ag. Committee hearings. So who is more likely right, the CEO who understands and oversees the trade or a lumberman from BC turned politician with a political agenda? You put your faith in politicians of course?
      2. Of course I know Canadian wheat is replaceable. But some customers are willing to pay more for some brands and service than others. Our brand is Canadian and it generally is worth more than other supplies to some customers ( not all). If this is not true why do many consumers buy Toyota and not GM or Ford products? GM cars can replace Toyota. Why the preference? Do you have brand preferences? Why, when many brands can be replaced with another brand? Do you pay more for some brands? Why?

Comment

Chucky: I'm not sure who you really are , hiding behind a nic, but I have no doubt that someone could hit you over the head with a bat and not change your mind about the CWB. Not with any kind of philosophical arguement for sure, so I will make you the same offer as I made Stewart Wells a few days ago-- write me a cheque for $50,000.00 out of your own personal bank account, to pay for the PDS screwing I have received from the CWB this year. And be prepared to do the same or more for each year that the CWB continues to stiffle the organic industry. This would show your commitment to keeping a strong healthy single desk monopoly. I know that I am not receiving any where near that kind of value so if you want to keep it,you pay for it! Put your money where your mouth is or shut it. If you do-- I'll shut mine!!

Comment

Chucky: You fear monger on and on about the big grain companies and how they would steal our wheat in we didn't have the CWB to protect us, I farmed conventionally for over 25 years before switching to organic.Wheat was never our "Cash Crop".Canola and peas and flax carried us, wheat was only a rotation crop to space out disease cycles. Canola can and regularly is substituted for by many other grains, yet it is of great value and grain companies compete for it and keep the prices high. There is no substitute for wheat, rye bread or barley bread are just not as palitable, so the low prices are a mystery,the CWB does not have a monopoly on the world.

Comment

Chuck, Mr. Arason may have contradicted Mr. Strahl but if you read the letter posted on the CWB website at http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/hot/record/uswa/ I quote from the letter “…since our country receives preferential prices, which save Algeria tens of dollars per tonne purchased.” How can you contradict that? Unfortunately you put your faith in the CWB. As for brand preference, I agree Canadian wheat is preferred by some countries and I believe it would be preferred by those same countries without the CWB and we would still receive our premiums. In fact if you read this quote from the same letter you will see how loyal some customers are:

“However, the benefits of doing business with Canada do not end there: according to Kacem, Canada also provides technical assistance in the form of training for executives from the OAIC and the agricultural sector. In addition, the Canadian supplier pays the loading costs, and facilitations are offered with regard to the method of payment. “No other country offers us these advantages,” says Kacem. And Gauthier confirms the privileged status Algeria enjoys in its trade with Canada, stating that Algeria “is one of Canada’s traditional customers, and our relationship goes back to the early 70s.” According to Gauthier, trade between the two countries remains strong in spite of a drop in Algeria’s purchases in recent years, due to the increase in local production stimulated by the National Agricultural Development Plan (Plan national de développement agricole – PNDA).”

As long as the pool pays the cost of all these ‘added’ benefits out of my pocket without my consent I guess the customer is happy as long as they do not produce enough of their own to use.

As far as paying more for a particular product, I am all for it. When the CWB becomes a voluntary agency it will be your choice to choose the best price for your grain or you can choose the CWB brand of mediocre price.

What about your Roundup analogy?

Comment

Don't worry folks. Once the CWB is gone all your problems will be solved.

Comment

Chuck, I would just like an answer to my questions and the letter on the CWB website. Why are you avoiding these. I tried to answer as clearly as possible what my thoughts were to your post.

P.S. I'm not worried I am just looking forward to a bright future.

Comment

Funny thing, I have not yet received an offer of money to support the CWB from those who rave on and on. Typical! Long on talk short on action!

Comment

ChuckChuck,

You said;"Once the CWB is gone all your problems will be solved."

Sadly enough, this looks like the objective of the present CWB Directors.

It is like you folks at the CWB have a rock in your mouths (the "single desk"... you chew and chew on it... it is obviously killing the CWB. Just like it did the Dog we once knew... right Chuck!

Adding organic issues to this battle... is like heating the rock up to 1000F and giving it back to the puppy.

You must know better CHUCK!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...