• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

malt barley Euorpe vs Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

malt barley Euorpe vs Canada

Just read news clip saying that malt barley prices in Euorpe have climbed about 80% in last year (120 to 220 Euro per tonne).I did a comparison of 2 Rw standard select from last year final $177.45 to this year Pro $200 per Tonne. My calculations show that at about 12 % increase. Story also said we had production problems in Canada and that the Chinese were buying malt barley from France. Somehow things just don't add up.

That's only $7.40/ bushel.

I think we will do better with the pool price, don't you?

Comment

The most interesting comment to me is the fact China is buying barley from EU. The Chinese maltsters are very price conscious about malt barley - are willing to buy product European/North American maltsters don't use. Interesting in that the new world will be one that better reflects quality premiums (competitive with European and north American business) and another that is price discounted for lower quality product to be competitive in a market like China.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...