• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barley Plebiscite "Farming Entity" who has the right to vote?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barley Plebiscite "Farming Entity" who has the right to vote?

Charlie,

I am somewheat concerned about the politics surrounding who should vote.

Here is what the Instructions with the Ballot say:

"- Each farming entity, whether a single producer, groups, a partnership, corporatives, corporations or corporations farming as a single operation, will be eligible for one vote."

The vote administrator reserves the right to require that the declaration of a farming entity whose eligibility to vote cannot be verified with Canadian Agricultural Income Stabilisation (CAIS), Grain and Oilseeds Payment Program (GOPP) or Production Insurance (PI) be notarized."

Farming Entity...

"A farming entity is an enterprise within the designated area, where an actual producer conducts the business of producing barley..."

The "CWB Act" is not called upon to determine the definitions of the above words.

..."the right to require that the declaration of a farming entity whose eligibility to vote cannot be verified with Canadian Agricultural Income Stabilisation (CAIS), Grain and Oilseeds Payment Program (GOPP)..."

IMHO the above statement in the rules would lead to the assumption that if a grain grower participated in CAIS and GOPP; this automatically means that they are eligible to vote in that entities name.

The cross checks have already been done through elegibility in CAIS and GOPP, or PI to confirm that this "Farming Entity" qualifies to vote... according to these rules.

Don't want to be an arm chair quarterback in the middle of the plebescite. Vote is underway with a voter criteria for participation. Won't second guess anything until the results are in.

Comment

Charlie,

I wasn't trying to make you an armchair quarterback.

I should indicate this is of concern to all who have thrown the Barley Plebiscite in the corner and have not yet mailed it!

I was simply reading off the "Information and Instructions" supplied with the Barley Plebiscite.

A clear signal that we are an individual farmer entity federally, is participation in CAIS and the GOPP which triggered the mail out of the Barley Plebiscite to the individual "farming entity" in the first place.

Comment

Yes Mr smith,support for the cwb is very high among liberal client groups.We expect that ,post monopoly,we will continue to recieve ALL the grain grown in the churchill riding,on reserve,by full time school teachers,and the grain grown in the GTA.Dion won't promote the cwb in redneck country.

The way it is now,groups like this are riding the dog sled while you pull it.Without the monopoly your doggieharness is gone so I expect you'll be off hunting your self.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...