• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seeding plan changes...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeding plan changes...

Long story short...

edge, authority, 30ml aim(shouldn't matter) and 270g glypho put down in anticipation of seeding mustard.

New to me sprayer, that I'm 99% certain is going down the road, has been lying to me on the auto-rate. I *think* im heavy in application generally, light in some, and completely missing in others.

Question: Has anyone put authority down before canola? Most recent bluebook I have here is '23 and it doesnt list canola. I dont grow canola, but at least i can get another score on weeds (its friggin polluted) with liberty if I grow canola. Otherwise, I might be able to source some peas and seed them mid june? I CANNOT risk growing mustard on stuff that I'm completely unsure of chemical application.

Worst case... It'll become chemfallow. VERY expensive chemfallow!

I am certain Canola has a lower tolerance for Authority than Mustard does. Flax is probably your only other option.

Comment

I’ve never used Authority before canola but have used it in alfalfa seed production and before peas, flax, and wheat once on a half section that was a seeding plan change. I’ve never had a volunteer canola problem on any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
        I’ve never used Authority before canola but have used it in alfalfa seed production and before peas, flax, and wheat once on a half section that was a seeding plan change. I’ve never had a volunteer canola problem on any of them.
        phoning around here today, and yea... sounds like mustard is significantly more tolerant to it than canola is. Just thought that was possibly an option, but I dont think I want to step up the expenses even further to get further screwed.

Comment

Peas would work.

Comment

Flax is kinda bullish as well.

Comment

Maybe a terrible idea , but if you waited another 2-3 weeks and seeded a polish canola just before crop insurance deadline. Seed at 10 lbs and you might get enough come through.

Comment

What brand of sprayer.

Comment

flax is your best bet

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
                    What brand of sprayer.
                    Redball. Versatile took them over.

It was local and I needed a sprayer. If I had more free time I think you could work the gremlins out of it, but it needs more attention than I can give it.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post

Redball. Versatile took them over.

It was local and I needed a sprayer. If I had more free time I think you could work the gremlins out of it, but it needs more attention than I can give it.
                      Likely either the flowmeter or the controller. Probably has a raven. Could also be the radar, but you should see the rate jump on the control box. It is a simple test for the flow meter.

Comment

Find some flax or peas.

Comment

Would brown mustard be a choice? It is more competitive than yellow mustard to hold weeds back and earlier maturity than yellow. Not sure how tolerant to Authority thou?

With the lateness a lot of the weeds should be up and another good preseed burndown should help for cleanliness.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...