• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank You Jesus or Cloud God

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Jesus or Cloud God

We missed a humdinger frost last night due to devine intervention or maybe Climate Change. 6 degrees at 10:15 PM, skies clear as a bell and NE wind. Then the temp levelled off at 5 degrees just after midnight and by 5 AM - presto cloud cover.

Froze days ago Saskatoons are cooked.

Comment

-4 at the water well yesterday morning. -2 at my yard.

Comment

Frost warning up around edmonton and north for tonight...

Its amazing how mother nature sometimes dictates our progress ( and always seems for the better)
        recently found large cutworms but the canola.hasnt been seeded their yet.... will be minimal feeding..

Started "late" but wheat we put in.may 5th is 1 leaf behind some.stuff the bto had in 2 weeks earlier ( in good conditions wheat can spit out a new leaf every 3 days)
        Silage corn planted for a neighbour on may 9th not out of thr ground yet ( nor is my garden sweet corn)

Any canola we have thats about to break surface has grown very slowly and will be protected from any frost damage tonight.

Its wild how weve been slowed down by rains....but somehow it all seems like divine intervention ( or buddha... allah.. whomever tickles your fancy)

Great moisture heat coming next week... crops will explode.
        meanwhile...
        see a BTO re seeding april 10th hard red....

" what...no way! "
        - said nobody

Comment

Oddly right around the full moon again

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Oddly right around the full moon again
            I have come to expect frost around a full moon. There is also a greater likely hood of frost after a rain. This time it did not disappoint. 1/2" yesterday afternoon and frost on the ground this morning.

Comment

Slightly frosty this morning

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                Frost warning up around edmonton and north for tonight...

Its amazing how mother nature sometimes dictates our progress ( and always seems for the better)
                recently found large cutworms but the canola.hasnt been seeded their yet.... will be minimal feeding..

Started "late" but wheat we put in.may 5th is 1 leaf behind some.stuff the bto had in 2 weeks earlier ( in good conditions wheat can spit out a new leaf every 3 days)
                Silage corn planted for a neighbour on may 9th not out of thr ground yet ( nor is my garden sweet corn)

Any canola we have thats about to break surface has grown very slowly and will be protected from any frost damage tonight.

Its wild how weve been slowed down by rains....but somehow it all seems like divine intervention ( or buddha... allah.. whomever tickles your fancy)

Great moisture heat coming next week... crops will explode.
                meanwhile...
                see a BTO re seeding april 10th hard red....

" what...no way! "
                - said nobody
                Remember last year a young know it all on TikTok up around Edmonton area was scratching hrs in stupid early. Almost spring frost seeding. Guess you’re young once and the old guys can only tell you so much.

Comment

Mm well that are some interesting results ( and a trial id actually like to attempt) with ULTRA early seeded wheat.. but it is basically more useful in.lethbridge area.

I kmow exactly the young guy youre referring to.... not the swiftest of foxes.

Comment

sum, the gods are going to try tonight again. 6th night in a row.

Comment

My late uncle john had a saying, no Saskatoons no crop. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                        Mm well that are some interesting results ( and a trial id actually like to attempt) with ULTRA early seeded wheat.. but it is basically more useful in.lethbridge area.

I kmow exactly the young guy youre referring to.... not the swiftest of foxes.
                        Yeah I got that feeling. Kinda got his hackles up when challenged about his “ideas”.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...