• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday Week 8.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hear if the fella at Riceton is ok, that will be a large bill for somebody.We are fortunate,no poles on our land to navigate.A guy near us fell asleep and ended up driving straight into a large slough with the air seeder.Its only a crop guys,and still lots of time,with a little better forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post

Thats not mud.
      I rarely ever see the tires through the mud sticking to them, even on a dry spring, our clay sticks to the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
        Not getting any rain here, 4mm since March. Finished seeding in April, grains are 4” high, but very uneven emergence since ground is so dry. Hard to say what this year will bring here.
        Good lord man, Considering how dry I typically am, I feel the pain. I have "enough" for now and damnit if I could, I'd send some your way! Nothing particularly significant in the last 10 days or so, but no sunshine, barely double digit weather with 80+% humidity during the peak drying time means I can't physically get the sheen to disappear off the surface.

Peas in... thats it.

Durum and Mustard yet to go.

If the stars can align I should be able to get two drills to cover alot of real estate in a decent amount of time, but now logistics of getting product to the field are approaching "challenging"... alot of land is serviced by bladed trails that have puddles that wont go away, and fields are starting to get spongy. A super B parked in the field is only going to work if I bring the drills to it, rather than the truck to the drills. Otherwise its two or three different trucks with light loads... Sanity is a highly valued commodity these days. from 6 years of dry to this is a total mind-phuck

Comment

Glad we started seeding wheat April 24 and it went in quick , good going ! Now into canola has slowed down, 1300 acres of easy going to go, then head to Assiniboine valley when its ready, another 900 acres. So sit at 85% done and wheat will be ready to spray later next week if sun comes out and warms up !

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
            Anyone hear if the fella at Riceton is ok, that will be a large bill for somebody.We are fortunate,no poles on our land to navigate.A guy near us fell asleep and ended up driving straight into a large slough with the air seeder.Its only a crop guys,and still lots of time,with a little better forecast.
            Heard he's okay, big transmission line tower.

Comment

Electric shock never killed him....$$$ shock another possible risk

Comment

Worth reviewing liability insurance, increasing farm coverage level is pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                  I got a call from a Saskpower rep in the area. They want to run another 3 or 4 highlines in that area, into Regina, connecting to MJ and over to Peebles substation.

Also plans for 200 windmills and a solar array. My 34ft drill is going to be going up in value.

Comment

Sask Power wasting our money, build a nuclear reactor and get done with it. Only way to provide base power, solar and windmills are throw away items IMHO.
                    Last edited by Sodbuster; May 25, 2024, 07:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                      Sask Power wasting our money, build a nuclear reactor and get done with it. Only way to provide base power, solar and windmills are throw away items IMOI.
                      Absolutely 100%

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Will see how this works maybe tomorrow..
                        ordered Tuesday morning, picked them up this morning, assembled then just got done installing..
                        I had been seriously looking at the seedmaster SR, but with the mud here and clay, I can not see how that rolling steel drum on the front of the seedmaster SR would ever turn in my wet clay.

MRB discs here can’t even keep clean on most of the field.

I sure hope those Devloo rotary sc****rs work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post

I had been seriously looking at the seedmaster SR, but with the mud here and clay, I can not see how that rolling steel drum on the front of the seedmaster SR would ever turn in my wet clay.

MRB discs here can’t even keep clean on most of the field.

I sure hope those Devloo rotary sc****rs work for you.
                          Those sc****rs seem to work just fine. Wouldn’t go without them. Just another thing to maintain but they work

Comment

The early seeders around us (in heavy gumbo) had very nice seeding conditions early May but now the last 1/2 section ten miles outta Regina took a week. Drills and wet gumbo don’t like each other. There are lessons my father learned in the sixties - While Jerome Bechard was experimenting with the air cultivator my father was swearing at his press drills. Holy Crow, that’s sixty years ago - where did the years go?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post

Good lord man, Considering how dry I typically am, I feel the pain. I have "enough" for now and damnit if I could, I'd send some your way! Nothing particularly significant in the last 10 days or so, but no sunshine, barely double digit weather with 80+% humidity during the peak drying time means I can't physically get the sheen to disappear off the surface.

Peas in... thats it.

Durum and Mustard yet to go.

If the stars can align I should be able to get two drills to cover alot of real estate in a decent amount of time, but now logistics of getting product to the field are approaching "challenging"... alot of land is serviced by bladed trails that have puddles that wont go away, and fields are starting to get spongy. A super B parked in the field is only going to work if I bring the drills to it, rather than the truck to the drills. Otherwise its two or three different trucks with light loads... Sanity is a highly valued commodity these days. from 6 years of dry to this is a total mind-phuck
                              That’s almost every spring and fall around here. Couldn’t even get the grain truck out of first gear on the “road” to the field.

Comment

I think some are getting desperate.
                                Air planes out spraying wet fields with young crop just coming up all around them.
                                Makes me a little nervous when they are close!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...