• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air carts Tow Between or Tow Behind??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air carts Tow Between or Tow Behind??

I see some use tow between carts. We have always used tow behind. Probably changing drills in the next couple years.

What are the pros and cons to a tow between cart from those that have them.

I have some flat land and some hills. Considering tow between because it puts weight on the hitch. I have tracks so compaction not a problem.

WE have used tow between Bourgault carts since 2014, L6550 & L9650 towing twin 2400 NH3 tank behind drill. Reduces tracks behind cart and for the hitch weight ! Happy with set up, took a little getting used to drill back further.

Comment

Anymore likely to get stuck?

Comment

We have couple tow between. One advantage is you can back them up especially if we spin out going up a hill. And when we pull up to trailers with the drills can load with a Batco and back out.

Comment

Get a camera with a tow between and it’s mint
          unless you need 2000 bus cart

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
            Anymore likely to get stuck?
            For us actually the opposite
            steady weight on hitch , can go through way more the tbh cart

Comment

But ….. we nearly never in real wet conditions, a few low spots is far different than whole wet fields so can’t compare

Comment

We find we have more traction with draw bar weight of tbt. When approaching/going around wet spots still need to be prepared and a little speed seeding definitly helps get thru with any rig! Started raining last night midnight, 11 am now we have 6/10"

Comment

I have had both and tow behind is better. Less likely to get stuck and easier to see if a hose pops off or if you start pushing dirt.

Comment

Was considering an L7800. I think the only downside is the reduced visibility behind the tank.

A camera would mostly fix that. The sectional control looks wonky with all the products going to the back and doing a 180 back to the towers.

I feel like I would be busting up alot of lentils.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...