• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday Week 7

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a cool, wet week near Regina. I would say 1/2 the crop is in around here and the rest will be delayed if it doesn’t quit the daily showers. No complaints from this department but I am sure farmers would like to finish seeding.

Comment

Wheat in. Canola looks like month end.

Comment

30 percent done here just wheat in the ground and I think maybe that’s a good thing with the cold rain we’re getting. Haven’t been able to get to the field let alone into it for almost a week now.

Comment

2/10" yesterday in a small area T storm in minutes with HAIL, 4/10" today in light rain. Was rather sticky wet to seed Sunday, so be a few NON rainy days to be decent conditions. Most are 50-60% planted.

Comment

Extremely variable here from next to nothing to an inch plus
            they put more in for Thursday / Friday now again
            will be a struggle to get done in May in some areas now

Comment

We had two tens last night then two more today. Small area but hit all our unseeded acres. Seeding into pea stubble, sure likes to ball up when it’s wet. Be a couple days before we get going again.

Comment

Another 8/10" overnight, at 4" May. Too wet in a 10 mile radius.

Comment

This year I miss the Horsch planter in these wetter conditions
                  we would be done by now
                  zero issues in wetter ground , that’s the draw back of twin shanks for sure , wet straw and mud on packer wheels
                  hopefully our mud scarpers show up today . Another $10,000

every seeding outfit has its benefits and drawbacks
                  Last edited by furrowtickler; May 22, 2024, 15:56.

Comment

Tried to start canola today but a pop up shower put that to bed. Grass is awesome though. I’m maybe
                    1/3 done seeding but I’d like to be finished too. God forbid I go fencing this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                      God forbid I go fencing this time of year.
                      Won't be a problem driving posts here.

I'm sure we have 4 ft of moist soil now.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post

Won't be a problem driving posts here.

I'm sure we have 4 ft of moist soil now.
                        We are slowly gaining a bit of subsoil moisture for the first time in many years here finally

Comment

We are sitting at just over 2.25 inches for May. We keep getting small showers maybe a tenth to 2 tenths at a time. About 70% done. Lots of grass for the cows, much different than last year. Last year much warmer drier soil, this year colder and very moist. Certainly not complaining, just looking forward to finishing seeding so the we can get the cows out on grass!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...