• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Mother’s Day

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Mother’s Day

Happy Mother’s Day to everyone out there. Stopped for a quick brunch today and then back calving cows and planting kernels. This momma decided to have twice the fun on her special day today. Now to move them to the shed to let them bond……….
    Fun times and Cheers to everyone

Great photo Woodland. Twins are always amazing. We are soon to be grandparents to twin boys in September, assuming everything works out o.k.

Comment

Congratulations fcr, what an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
        Great photo Woodland. Twins are always amazing. We are soon to be grandparents to twin boys in September, assuming everything works out o.k.
        Congratulations!
        Interestingly enough I’m a twin myself

It’s midnight and I’m just watching today’s set and the momma wants both and they are feeding themselves which is awesome. Life is great

Comment

Hey Woodland, have you noticed any adverse effects on the cattle due to heavy smoke? We had one day (Saturday) of heavy heavy smoke due to an inversion that settled the smoke here from the Ft. Nelson fire. There were 2 full term calves born dead and much much confusion with the cattle not being able to recognize their own calves. Spent a long day yesterday "putting out fires" so to speak. A mother's day I won't forget.

Comment

I’ll bet the strong smoke smell is screwing up the cows sense of smell and she’s having a hard time recognizing her calf.
            im hoping the dead ones are just bad luck, you know the saying goes that if you have livestock you also have deadstock.

Comment

Yes I agree, sense of smell. Maybe there was some bad timing involved in the stillbirths.

Comment

I can’t say I’ve noticed any side effects from the smoke in newborns. On the worst days I have treated two calves this year for pneumonia as they were puffing pretty hard. Seemed to bounce back at least. Last year we had the same issue but it was actually raining ash at times and the dust was horrible as well.

Some years the odds just line up good or bad. Last years calving was the best ever and this year the cows are great but the heifers have been amongst the worst ever. Can’t win them all

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...