• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye popping part of the week

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye popping part of the week

So we started seeding last Friday. Second time filling the air cart the flex joint on the load auger piles up. I say flex joint because it is not your standard universal joint on the auger. So we go to filling the drill with one of our augers. Finally yesterday I have time to call to order the part to fix it. We have the new style Flexicoil cart with New Holland decals on it. They only come with one style of auger. I figured $200-300 maybe $400 at worst. Nope the replacement flex joint is $2500, no that is not a typing error. Talked to the service manger who sold these carts when they first came out in 2015. He said there was problems with the early versions, I am hoping for $2500 they have it figured out!!

No inflation here at all. (sarcasm)

Comment

When i read about the thread title "eye popping " part of the week.. i immediately thought, NO NO i have this won.

BUT its the exact same auger u joint tthat you have! Got it at rocky mountain equipment and yep .. 2400 beans ! For a u joint! Its in a bag. It would, by weight, work out to a much high price than silver! No joke!

What an absolute effing scam. Absolute hot garbage.

its not even laughable. Itd be like if a nuclear bomb ACTUALLY got dropped. Or staring at the grand canyon. You see it... you know it... but your brain just cant fathom it!

Comment

$660 for an Eaton seal kit you can get the rings you need separately for $40 or the same part # online for $120. Or the fan motor you can't get anywhere else.
        Stuck with it if in season. That's what you pay for.
        Flexi is a blip to a world wide company and inventory is expensive.
        But planned obsolescence with exclusive parts too obvious.
        Sell all your new units every year, who cares, I suppose.
        Don't know JD anymore but Case has made me rather disgusted lately.

Comment

I asked when I bought the last drill if the cart could come without the conveyor , and I would go buy something more convenient and usable 12 months of the year. Nope. What about resale was their response. I wasn't too worried about the resale/trade assphucking that was coming years away.

Comment

Another gooder …. Parts manager told me one steel packer wheel for the Flexi Coil 5000 was $913
            You read right .. $913
            If you had to do two complete gangs with bearings it’s worth more than the drill.
            Everything is past the point of reality.

My back isn’t sore anymore from bending over, along with other “parts”.

Comment

picked up a new to me 1835... the green paint "hypnotized" me I guess. It presents well, but once a guy got looking i think i've dropped nearly 1/3 and surely 1/4 in the purchase price back into repairs. There were things I phoned in on about parts that I nearly shit my pants, and then others where I was expecting a reaming, and when they told me the price, i kinda figured might as well get 2 more to stick in the parts box.

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the insanity. Perhaps I'm adjusting to the new reality, but if things come back with only 3 digits I think we're doing pretty good. What does one buy for $1K anymore?

Comment

I was pleased to see Bourgault sells pre-cut, drilled tubing to replace the rusted fertilizer tube on the cross auger, $ 78.00.
                It would have been nice to have stainless, but where do improvements end, soon you have the Deacons Masterpiece.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...