• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday week 5

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree on the same thing. little Kids dont deserve to die. Now i cant figure out why we cant have mass immigration from South African Farmers? They can die just farming.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

Agreed there. Any country that hasnt had a reformation and enlightenment in their history, is not compatible with western society and immigration from those groups needs to be carefully selected and limited.

Still doesnt mean I want to see little kids bombed with the worlds most advanced weaponry. 30,000 Palestinians carpet bombed to rout out a few hundred hamas.
      We really won't know total casualties. Hamass has NO reputation of honesty.

Why so many CLAIMED children?
      Last edited by fjlip; May 2, 2024, 12:12.

Comment

Thats probably the orphans they left behind. Name a mother that would leave her children when leaving. HAMAS is a joke and needs to be gone.

Back to crop report.

Building up now at noon and starting to rain but nothing really organized till later today. @ hours out maybe a dump.

Comment

Have a 5 row BG, 9/16 tines for years upgraded to 5/8". It's now a tillage tool only. Bought a new D Strawmaster+ 7 row 1/2" tines with carbide. It needs 12 mph minimum and 8hp/ft. Works well.
          Harrows only work when can stay full of straw. And no dirt!
          Maybe an inch + of water with the snow etc. Very few seeded yet.
          Bright side I finally got a shop built hydraulic system to get the gallons I need.
          I'd hire some seeding done if I could.
          It feels like an Apollo 13 mission to me now.

Comment

Thunder, Hail rain big drops and over till next one.

Comment

Had an 82ft Degelman all hydraulic in the wet years. Couldn’t harrow canola with it. Always seemed to be too much down pressure even when lifted to set very little. Would angle tines back to try to be less aggressive. Made huge mess. Speed didn’t matter. Had 500hp on it. Could drive as fast as you wanted. Little 50ft flexicoil regular tine harrow with little tractor could do a beautiful job in same field on same day.

In wheat stubble, tine angle would always back off due hydraulic pressure change while driving. So much so that if hired man went out to harrow with the Degelman, pressure would back off and he’d drive around all day not even ripping the combine trails apart. Then I’d have to go do it again. Or I’d find his unharrowed areas with the air drill and the canola emergence would be shit in the combine paths.

In the end, sold the Degelman. Don’t miss it at all. Still use the little Flexicoil. Been dry here last 5 years. Little Flexi has been good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                What..
                uh.. whats wrong with the students protesting?

Who cares? Like honestly. If you nerds ( and lets be honest, columbia university is a school for dorks... top .001 % of marks or INCOMES...pay to play) want to not go to class...fall behind... and protest on behalf of a country that would beat the living piss out of you because youre dorks....

Then let em!

Didnt all you boomers do the same thing in the 60s and 70s?

We had All sorts of protests where i went to university in the us and a... ( ivy league school) and half of them had 0 clue what was even happening. But, if thats what they need to do to feel lile they are making a change.... let em.

Dorks be dorks.
                like it or not but likely these dorks will be the future leaders both business and political, let that sink in.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  Have a 5 row BG, 9/16 tines for years upgraded to 5/8". It's now a tillage tool only. Bought a new D Strawmaster+ 7 row 1/2" tines with carbide. It needs 12 mph minimum and 8hp/ft. Works well.
                  Harrows only work when can stay full of straw. And no dirt!
                  Went to 9/16" BG Max Life tines from original 5/8" on Degelman 70'. That made a straw smashing/ leveling harrow! Really don't need any dirt worked, way less HP needed. 9-10 mph is perfect. Very satisfied now.

Comment

Few AG companies in Regina doing layoffs. Also the chem company in city keeps letting people go. Another round today and games played again on managers this time.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      Few AG companies in Regina doing layoffs. Also the chem company in city keeps letting people go. Another round today and games played again on managers this time.
                      The more generic chemicals that keep coming out the better. There will be more and more let go. I’m not going to pay double for the brand names. Forget the stupid programs, they don’t cover the cost difference.

Comment

Bayer was exceptionally over loaded, Dekalb drug them down , and others gaining market share.
                        no surprise

Comment

The writing has been on the wall for a few years

Comment

Grain markets ended the week strong.

still spitting almost 3/10 today so far

Comment

$145 plus inflation?

Looks like a backfire to me.

Canola just went from $24 to $14.

And rent goes up? WTF?

They won’t be farming long.