• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relief for Alberta and western Sask possible

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relief for Alberta and western Sask possible

On the northern edge of systems here

GM Agriviller.

Hope for spring primer perks up our ears this morning. The hurricane force SE winds that nearly blew away our baseball players yesterday might blow in an inch or two of steady rain. We would be ecstatic.

The trees will leaf, the dandelions will BURST forth, pastures will green up. There are a few fields seeded in Gumbo Flats with lentils and durum. The BTO’s are definitely moving along. Have a great week folks.
    Last edited by sumdumguy; Apr 29, 2024, 07:04.

Comment

Unreal variability in the models. Not just this system, but every single event this spring. The *big one* is always just a week away.

This system has from next to nothing to monsoonal moisture totals even 1 day out.

After 3 years, hope diminishes, but one still Hope's.

Comment

When systems move east from there, they seem to diminish E of #6, N of #16... till mid June. Enjoy whatever we get, needed here soon. Windy days and top is loose DUSTY from the snow melt. Need RAIN to pack and seal.

Comment

Gonna be a lot harder for chucks climate goons to light Alberta up this spring.

Comment

Just got a nice shot this afternoon. Come up the border and turned east. Good start finally.

Comment

Heavy snow here east of Edmonton. Now the worry switches to runoff and going around water puddles and the sloughs that we seeded through last spring. Few fields seeded here in the hood.

Comment

Rain gauge is out and lawn is fertilized- hoping to get something in the rain gauge. Good Luck to all my Agriville Friends (Imogies come up question marks so no four leaf clovers for us).
                Last edited by sumdumguy; Apr 30, 2024, 09:34.

Comment

Weather network says it’s raining here yet the sun is out. According to their site we could receive almost 4 inches over the next ten days. We really don’t need any now till June as we have good moisture and potholes are mostly full. Started on peas today and there is no dust behind drill. Hopefully the areas that need it most get something.

Comment

Almost 4 tenths this morning and it’s still coming, very dry out this way, I’m hoping on 6 inches, I’m a little greedy when it comes to spring rains.

Comment

Nothin here yet

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Nothin here yet
                        Crazy how yesterday’s storm tracked. Thought we were on the northern cusp but north had a lot more. 2/3 of my land had 3/10 and rest had over 1”. Think Lloyd got 1/2”. Marwayne 3” south of hwy 16 a ways got none. At least oats I spread and worked into breaking got enough water to germinate for summer grazing. Hope at least we keep getting some shots cause that’s what it’s settling up to be.

Comment

Meadow Lake had some big rains
                          but here in Death Valley ????️…

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                            Almost 4 tenths this morning and it’s still coming, very dry out this way, I’m hoping on 6 inches, I’m a little greedy when it comes to spring rains.
                            I don’t really know how much rain we’ve gotten but apparently my gauge has a crack at the bottom, sloughs that have been dry for a month on native prairie have three inches in them.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                              You must have different land than here. 6 inches would cause major flooding and any planted crop would be toast and Likely keep us out of the fields till June.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...