• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday. week 3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a farmer from Loreburn with several thousand acres of wheat in.

Comment

Oh the usual have a few thousand south of the valley in already.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        Oh the usual have a few thousand south of the valley in already.
        I love this debate. The guys who wait, scratch their heads when the early seeders are out there in mid April. And the early seeders are laughing at the later seeders like me when we are fighting the rains in the beginning of June to finish seeding. And in the end, everyone gets a crop. lol

Neither way can be overly wrong, because everyone keeps doing it the way they usually do it. You would think they would change things after horrendously screwing up like their neighbours say they did!

Comment

There are early seeders that have light land and most years their crop is as good or better than the rest.
          I can never start as early because of our clay land that always has lingering water running across it and the clay just doesn’t dry very fast.
          I always start as early as my soil allows and this year I was hoping to get an early start.
          Then this big 3 day weather system dumped a big shot of rain and snow that blew into big drifts.
          Can’t see it being early now.

Comment

Neighbour has 30x70 unheated greenhouse. They planted 50 hills of potatoes, a row of spinach and a row of peas. The spinach was up, the peas just poking through. They have them well covered but minus 11 predicted tonight might be a bit much. The recording thermometers show very little internal warmth stored in the greenhouse but hopefully she pulls through.

Comment

Ya , sun was nice for about 3 hours today . But cold north wind now , will be chilly in morning for sure again

Comment

Dry Test run for monitor GPS , auto boom height control

Comment

Beaver number 2 done and gone.

Comment

Rumor has it 4000 acres of Durum in the ground at Indian Head.

Comment

It’s not a rumour but from Indian head to Brandon it’s dry.

8 in 10 years it never pays to seed early in our area. If plant is stressed early it never can achieve its potential. But each area is different.

Last edited by SASKFARMER; Apr 20, 2024, 08:52.

Comment

There will be drills running in the next 7-10 days in dryer areas that missed that wet snow

Comment

Noticing a resurgence of muskrats in sloughs along the highway, the old boys used to say they move where the moisture is....hope they are right.

Comment

Lots of standing water, last weeks snow adding more,plus raining today =later start for us for sure.May looks wet if forecast is correct.Drought over here.

Comment

Fields are dry, nothing growing, soil still cold. No april starts in the gumbo usually. May 6-10ish.

Comment

Half done here, grass is green and leaves poking out. Pick up more fert today.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...