• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenger 975E hydraulic problem

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenger 975E hydraulic problem

Have a challenger 975E with a hydraulic problem. Bought the tractor last year as well as a seedhawk drill. Had the dealer out last year, and they flow tested it and we were getting the proper flows, but pressures were all over the board. Sometimes bang on (3200 psi), sometimes low (1700 psi). Changed relief valve on valve stack and problem got quite a bit better (less occurrences of low psi), but is still there. Over the course of running it last spring, learned that if I have the fans running on drill, along with the wing and opener pressure circuits running, the problem almost totally went away. (Except if openers had to go through a large dip, or over a sharp hill).

Fast forward to this spring. Had been talking with dealer about the issue all winter, but they didn’t get really excited to help. Got a new holland mechanic to come look at another tractor today, and figured I would ask him to look at the challenger while he was here. Took him 15-20 minutes of looking around, but he determined it is something to do with the hydraulic pump load sensing. His hunch is that it is a shuttle check in the valve stack that needs replacing, but isn’t quite sure as he isn’t familiar with this brand. He also said to test priority valve on pump first before opening up the valve stack. But his hunch is that it is in the valve stack.

Anybody run into this with this tractor? If you try use 1-2 remotes by themselves, you don’t get the hydraulic pressure, but as soon as you kick on the fans and demand lots of oil, the pump starts putting out lots of pressure and everything is good.
    Last edited by flea beetle; Apr 16, 2024, 22:21.

I'm not familiar with that specific tractor. Before tearing into it, I there must be a way to put a gauge on the load sensing circuit from the valve stack and confirm what is happening.

A better place to ask might be newagtalk. Much bigger audience.

Comment

I know a guy in Leduc who lives ag hydraulic problems.
      Knowledgeable testing necessary.
      Too bad about your dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        I'm not familiar with that specific tractor. Before tearing into it, I there must be a way to put a gauge on the load sensing circuit from the valve stack and confirm what is happening.

A better place to ask might be newagtalk. Much bigger audience.
        Will try there. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          I know a guy in Leduc who lives ag hydraulic problems.
          Knowledgeable testing necessary.
          Too bad about your dealer.
          Would you mind passing along his number?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...