• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon tax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon tax

Can anyone find out in Canada how many liters per day do we use in diesel and gas ? CBC has just said it’s only .04 cents more per litre . Be interesting how much the liberal government is making per day . Just on this .

plus the GST on all those litres that isn't refunded.

Comment

I did the math over in Chuck's forum
      CO2 tax is set to hit $170 per tonne by 2030. Canada's per capita CO2 emissions are 15.22 tonnes per year.
      So by 2030, the CO2 tax burden per citizen will be $2587 per year

Comment

Canada uses about 60 billion litres a year. So 2.4 billion dollars extra

Comment

As of today, the CO2 tax is only $80 per tone. Based on the above math, and 40 million canadians, I come up with annual revenue of 48 billion dollars. Though I'm sure quite a lot of that is green washed with carbon credits etc and does not actually get paid directly to the government.

Edit. That would be all CO2 emissions per capita. Not just gas and Diesel.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 1, 2024, 14:13.

Comment

Is Pollievre promising to cut the entire tax or just stop the increases?
            Man this country is in trouble, so much borrowed money pissed away, it has to be raised from somewhere.

Comment

WE could just tax a little extra the natural gas different countries have come begging to buy to replace Russian and coal energy. Next government will need huge tax revenue just to cover int. on the massive debt . Gonna be tuff sledding for the grandkids I am afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                WE could just tax a little extra the natural gas different countries have come begging to buy to replace Russian and coal energy. Next government will need huge tax revenue just to cover int. on the massive debt . Gonna be tuff sledding for the grandkids I am afraid.
                Not going to be the NDP or Liberals problem and they know it.

Comment

When Pierre gets to see the books he’s gonna realize that Tard sack pissed away too much money to third world bullshit and is gonna have to leave that wealth transfer in place. That’s how dum dum planned for the books to balance themselves. Some days I can’t calm myself after the thot of how this moron has ruined our country.

Comment

A down to earth easy to understand farmer explanation...

Comment

Freeloader on radio today announcing a school lunch program. They are buying votes like crazy.

Comment

Just in case you .. CC and Aggie…. Missed the Bulletin;

There is so much deception and pure evil behind “global warming “… CO2 pollution.. is a political eco-terrorist cult… to attempt to depopulate humanity….Evil to the core …

Easter Blessings!!!

King Jesus is Risen Indeed!!!!

Comment

What to believe?
                          Articles say Antarctic ice lowest recorded.
                          Info overload. Pumping it out keeps everyone happy.

Comment

Just like every country in the world is warming twice as fast as any other country on earth .

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                              Just in case you .. CC and Aggie…. Missed the Bulletin;

There is so much deception and pure evil behind “global warming “… CO2 pollution.. is a political eco-terrorist cult… to attempt to depopulate humanity….Evil to the core …

Easter Blessings!!!

King Jesus is Risen Indeed!!!!
                              Stay sane , live free. Maybe apply the daily sceptic creed to your tales of so called King Jesus.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...