• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Zeihan's latest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Zeihan's latest

Here is a link to a recent speech by Peter Zeihan. Its an hour long. For me I tend to agree with most of what he is saying. Whether he is right , that remains to be seen. If he is right , it looks very good for farmers in North America
    A Peek Past the End of the World - Tugboat Institute ([url]https://www.tugboatinstitute.com/zeihan-gathering-of-teams/[/url])

I like Zeihan. Although he usually paints a pretty black and white picture when in reality there is alot of grey.

But definitely informs the conversation though

Comment

I’ve listened to a lot of his work. Yes he’s a bit black and white but a discerning brain can sort through that to get a good idea of where things are headed. He quells a lot of right wing and left wing extremist conclusions.

Comment

Anyone follow him long enough to know his track record?
        Enjoyable. Sensible. Don't let CC watch tho.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Anyone follow him long enough to know his track record?
          Enjoyable. Sensible. Don't let CC watch tho.
          His track record on predicting the general occurrence of big geopolitical events has been impressive. Think Ukraine war, the effects of the shale revolution, reshoring, immigration, supply chain disruptions, interest rates etc.

I don't know how he can get the details so wrong, and still come to the right conclusion though. Read the agriculture section of his most recent book. It's embarrassingly wrong and over simplified. Accepting the intended audience, and that a proper analysis would fill books all by itself, perhaps it can't be any other way. People in other industries say the same thing about his info on their industries.

His predictions ( or as some would say, propaganda) about Covid/Vaccines, the outcome of the Ukraine war, the US election etc. couldn't have been more wrong. Ukraine should be a grain importer by now and forever more. Russia's energy and agriculture should have collapsed without western help, shipping from Russia should have stopped by now etc.
          When we saw him in Calgary in March 2019, he assured the audience that Trump was a shoe in to win in 2020. And Democrats had no chance in the next few elections.

Lots of food for thought, and a pleasant change from the extreme left or extreme right we get from most sources.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

His track record on predicting the general occurrence of big geopolitical events has been impressive. Think Ukraine war, the effects of the shale revolution, reshoring, immigration, supply chain disruptions, interest rates etc.

I don't know how he can get the details so wrong, and still come to the right conclusion though. Read the agriculture section of his most recent book. It's embarrassingly wrong and over simplified. Accepting the intended audience, and that a proper analysis would fill books all by itself, perhaps it can't be any other way. People in other industries say the same thing about his info on their industries.

His predictions ( or as some would say, propaganda) about Covid/Vaccines, the outcome of the Ukraine war, the US election etc. couldn't have been more wrong. Ukraine should be a grain importer by now and forever more. Russia's energy and agriculture should have collapsed without western help, shipping from Russia should have stopped by now etc.
            When we saw him in Calgary in March 2019, he assured the audience that Trump was a shoe in to win in 2020. And Democrats had no chance in the next few elections.

Lots of food for thought, and a pleasant change from the extreme left or extreme right we get from most sources.
            Zeihan is intelligent, speaks well and certainly knows his audience.

I don't know who is credited with the following quote; however, Housel shared it in one of his writings. I often wonder if it applies to Ziehan.

"Tell the people what they want to hear, and you can be wrong indefinitely."

Comment

“ the iPhone 14 will most likely be the last iPhone avalable due to supply chain issues, so I would definitely upgrade before it’s too late”

Peter Zeihan

This is among many of his bolt shortsighted claims. Anyone that makes future predictions with such confidence and disregard for the complexity should not be taken very seriously. Now when I hear Peter talk I can’t help but imagine a load fart noise coming from his mouth with each word that comes out.

On the other hand, iv been listening to the “all in podcast” lately. These are 4 billionaires sitting around discussing technologically and trends with respect to investing. They have differing opinions and perspectives that make for great conversation.

Comment

He also talked about the demand destruction of oil during covid after the brief period of negative prices. I think he said something like it will take a decade to regain demand that once was.

Hmm or a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post

"Tell the people what they want to hear, and you can be wrong indefinitely."
                  As I have tried to suggest to you in the past, you really need to work on your marketing skills in regards to your last sentence above.
                  Farmers don't want to hear you tell us correctly in advance that prices are going down.

Comment

[QUOTE=workboots;n791361]“ the iPhone 14 will most likely be the last iPhone avalable due to supply chain issues, so I would definitely upgrade before it’s too late”

Peter Zeihan

This is among many of his bolt shortsighted claims. Anyone that makes future predictions with such confidence and disregard for the complexity should not be taken very seriously. Now when I hear Peter talk I can’t help but imagine a load fart noise coming from his mouth with each word that comes out.

Barclays

"The iPhone 15 has made quite a splash globally! During its first five months of availability, it reportedly sold nearly 69 million copies worldwide."

By the end of 2024 there will be 1.56 Billion iPhones in use globally.

Ya, I can see the guy definitely knows his stuff.​

Comment

Yeah Gore predicted the arctic would be ice free by 2020, JW’s predicted end of the world 30 times, yeah SSDD. His predictions on the macro things are problematic but on the small details he’s knowledgeable.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        Now when I hear Peter talk I can’t help but imagine a load fart noise coming from his mouth with each word that comes out.
                        Me too just like when cc posts are vitriolic I read it like Skeletor. As well Scott Ritter when speaks fart noises come out too. Both sexual predators on Putins payroll.
                        Last edited by WiltonRanch; Mar 21, 2024, 12:07.

Comment

[QUOTE=foragefarmer;n791377]
                          Originally posted by workboots View Post
                          “ the iPhone 14 will most likely be the last iPhone avalable due to supply chain issues, so I would definitely upgrade before it’s too late”

Peter Zeihan

Barclays

"The iPhone 15 has made quite a splash globally! During its first five months of availability, it reportedly sold nearly 69 million copies worldwide."

By the end of 2024 there will be 1.56 Billion iPhones in use globally.

Ya, I can see the guy definitely knows his stuff.​
                          Young people rely on there iPhones in the city just like we rely on our 1/2 tons in the country. They do pretty much everything on a daily basis with just there phone ,travel ,shop, no cash needed and go through big cities with ease using any transport system. Peter uses these same systems to make millions on internet while he holidays around the world.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...