• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola crush

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola crush

So after the announcement of 3 or 4 new canola crush plants three years ago: has anything like dirt work or actual construction happened at any one of them. In this corner of AB, Bunge is supposed to be building a replacement for the Ft Sask crush here in Lamont county but you hear nothing about it these days. Their website has no new information. I think both Viterra and Cargill are supposed to be building at Regina. One of those in conjunction with Coop. Any action?

Originally posted by ajl View Post
    So after the announcement of 3 or 4 new canola crush plants three years ago: has anything like dirt work or actual construction happened at any one of them. In this corner of AB, Bunge is supposed to be building a replacement for the Ft Sask crush here in Lamont county but you hear nothing about it these days. Their website has no new information. I think both Viterra and Cargill are supposed to be building at Regina. One of those in conjunction with Coop. Any action?
    Yes. I was down by Regina last summer and there was dirt work going on. I think it was Cargill's. I have also heard Richardson is working on theirs. What about Louis Dreyfuss? Think they went ahead.

Comment

Camrose converting to all SAF feedstock this year.

Comment

Crush is way ahead of schedule. Is any of this coming from new crush facilities?
        Statistics Canada reported January crush data today, with the pace of canola crush still at a favourable level.

Comment

Not just in canada.

Members of the National Oilseed Processors Association (NOPA) crushed 186.2 million bu. of soybeans during February – by far the most ever for the month, exceeding the previous high of 166.3 million bu. in February 2020. The crush pace increased 0.2% from January and was 12.6% above year-ago.

Ethanol too:

Ethanol margins are at historic highs, averaging $1.37 per gallon as of March 12, according to LSEG Agriculture Research. It projects 2023-24 corn-for-ethanol use at nearly 5.465 billion bu., which would be 90 million bu. more than USDA’s current forecast.

And Brazil just made big increases to their saf and biofuels mandates.
          Indonesia too:
          Demand for Indonesian palm-based biodiesel is likely to accelerate in 2024. As 2023 saw the implementation of a 35 percent biodiesel blending mandate, the nation witnessed a significant annual increase of 25 percent in biodiesel consumption, reaching an estimated 13 billion liters.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...