• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Can Acreage Report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats Can Acreage Report

What was the verdict? Lower canola acres? Thought I’d start a marketing thread
    Starts
    Mar 12, 2024
    Ends
    Mar 12, 2024

Canola on rebound...where are we going? HIGHER! Screw the funds, now they might suffer.

Comment

Less wheat and more oats?
      Oat acres approaching 2022 that resulted in a 1.5 million tonne carryover?

Comment

coincidence that right after all the input bills were due canola goes higher, and every grain co sells inputs???
        Last edited by the big wheel; Mar 12, 2024, 17:17.

Comment

Lentils , oats , durum , peas higher
          canola , hrsw , flax lower
          just a guess.
          canola down but not much
          I don’t see any major changes other than lentils if seed availability meets demand

Comment

Past 90 days precip

Comment

Won’t much matter about intentions if moisture situation doesn’t change. El Niño doesn’t appear to look like it’s going away until late May or possibly later. Market is buying canola acres and trying to kill wheat.

Comment

Thanks for the info furrow. Looks like acres roughly flat (+ or - 5%) except oats up 20+%. I'm not against the canola buyers trying to swing acres right now, its also helping old crop.
                We will be up peas, down barley, flat wheat, down canola.
                Still have an abundance of old crop to sell but the position is less than a month ago. I have open basis on canola and CPS wheat, even bought back some Kansas wheat last week (yikes). Did sell some canola calls in November for May, I don't think they will get exercised.

Comment

It is funny when the bills are all paid prices rebound! Market knows

Comment

I don’t know of a month where there isn’t a bill owing. Big or small they are all the same.
                    Just know it takes a lot of inventory to pay bills now with these horrible prices.

Comment

Fcc, Richardson are two big ones that most have. Cash guys with no Opp. Dont need to worry

Comment

That’s very few across western Canada , maybe 20%
                        For the other 80% it is worry some right now
                        especially with crop insurance premiums doubled or tripled for many going into spring on top of bills .
                        canola SCI premiums are $23-25 now for 80% of lower coverage
                        that hurts bad

Comment

The compounding effects of 3 or more years of drought is taking its toll even more now than just missing out on 3 great years of prices .
                          stings for sure

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
                            I don’t know of a month where there isn’t a bill owing. Big or small they are all the same.
                            Just know it takes a lot of inventory to pay bills now with these horrible prices.
                            If these are horrible prices, how did you survive the previous decade where these would have been considered fantastic prices?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

If these are horrible prices, how did you survive the previous decade where these would have been considered fantastic prices?
                              Land , interest, machinery and input costs were up to 40% less….. or more

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...