• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Cocktail

Good morning off to the airport to fly to the Cayman Islands so a quick report.

Hunting for a place to live if Trudeau is elected again.

Marketing some say has no. place but everything this useless federal.gov does affects everything.

Moe and the teachers need to settle this bill already.
    Lots of snow but most will end up.in low areas and fill sloughs. Still, any moisture is good moisture.

Land in our area is still rising in price and another rumour way north of us may be a large land sale closer to Elfros.

It's time to spring forward Sunday. Oh well, Sask and Arizona don't, every other place springs forward.

Most grains are green this morning but it's Friday not sure where it will go.

Look at what they are offering for fall. Wheat is 8 right up to sept then they clip a dollar for fall.

Also with such a shitty Canadian dollar are we getting a fair exchange from grain companies on the basis.

Oh well, it's time to go drive on the other side of the road and visit the Big Canadian banks down south.

Friday cocktail

Electric Shark | A JCocktail
    Ingredients
    • 1 oz spiced rum
    • 1 oz blue curacoa
    • 2 oz pineapple juice
    • 2 oz ginger beer
    • 1 pineapple leaf, garnish
    ? Instructions
    1. In an ice-filled cocktail shaker add rum, blue curacao, and pineapple juice.
    2. Shake and pour over ice in a glass.
    3. Top off the cocktail with ginger beer.
    4. Garnish with a pineapple leaf.
    Notes

More ways to garnish an Electric Shark Cocktail
    • Orange Slice
    • Cherry
    • Pineapple Wedge
    ?Enjoy.

It's Friday!
    ?

Regarding the land sale. We see this in our area too. Land basically held since homestead days is on the market and the high prices out there put it there. If prices were half of what they are (2 years ago) I don't think we would see it on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
      Regarding the land sale. We see this in our area too. Land basically held since homestead days is on the market and the high prices out there put it there. If prices were half of what they are (2 years ago) I don't think we would see it on the market.
      High land prices and estates bring out the full mental of those that didn't have the balls to stick it out.

They always want to run a sprint, always chasing the so called big money .

I was a long distance runner.

Sadly I am finding out I should have sat in the stands.

Comment

I am at the point some one drops $45 mill I'll retire! Lease land included. Come on show me the money!

Comment

List it and find out….

Comment

4 to 5 generations worked...nay... slaved, just so us boomers can retire multi millionaires....

Comment

That Electric Shark drink recipe looks awesome. City driving in Regina is looney like Trudope. Many accidents. Almost every intersection has pieces of rear tail lights.

Find a large chunk of land in Bahamas, we’ll all be on the move if we can’t succeed from this disunion.
              Last edited by sumdumguy; Mar 8, 2024, 13:43.

Comment

Big outfit in my area selling lock, stock and barrel on richie's in a few days. 4 generations in making. That takes commitment.

Comment

We are 4 generations going on 5 and each generation tripled the previous ownership. Hard to see how my two will take us to that level.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    I am at the point some one drops $45 mill I'll retire! Lease land included. Come on show me the money!
                    What would you do with the money?

You probably won't run out of money without cashing it?

All you have to worry about is inflation and that's worse if you cash.

Land values might drop off but only matters if your selling.

Comment

Owning piles of depreciating plastic currency is overrated, you can't beat the feeling of walking on your own dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        We are 4 generations going on 5 and each generation tripled the previous ownership. Hard to see how my two will take us to that level.
                        First thing is don't let them feel pressure to triple your current size. You are able to comfortably draw an excellent wage and they can go along and wait for opportunities while running your existing operation.

Biggest risk to failing is taking too big of bites at a time.

Comment

Made it to the Cayman.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post

What would you do with the money?

You probably won't run out of money without cashing it?

All you have to worry about is inflation and that's worse if you cash.

Land values might drop off but only matters if your selling.
                            We won't run out, owning dirt and sons will in future, they can decide when we are gone.

$45 million, be crazy TAX, have a super accountant. Shame to hand half over to Turd and Company.

Remember the quote, after the sale your accountant says best investment/legacy is LAND? OOPS!

Comment

Land has done well!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...