• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pasture land sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pasture land sale

Monday is the last day for bids on about 3000 acres of dirt east of Arden MB. We will see how much love there is for the cattle biz. Light soil and gravel ridges with slews maybe some workable. Buddy of mine went up the other day to look at some. Love for fencing would be a plus. Mostly local interest but you never know who might snap it up. If I was only 30 years younger!!!!!! Thinking about 15-20 pairs a 1/4 without the grasshoppers.

Good question what it’ll sell for. Grazing land is a tough one to value. Location and access, and other potential uses come into play. Cattle industry is shaky on the average and we are in a blip right now. Who knows in a couple years when the cattle cycle bottoms out or some other calamity impacts and sees another period of sustained lower prices. Speaking from experience, if there is nothing going for a piece of grazing land with poor access the value is grazing and just that. You’re stuck with it kind of thing.

Comment

Would you have the land sale results? Thank you.

Comment

At 15-20 pairs wouldn't that be a better place to put solar panels or windmills? Even if they didn't produce as much as other areas? Hearing solar produces 20-40K per acre. Rather than good productive grain land or land that can hold more cattle? Just thinking again.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
          At 15-20 pairs wouldn't that be a better place to put solar panels or windmills? Even if they didn't produce as much as other areas? Hearing solar produces 20-40K per acre. Rather than good productive grain land or land that can hold more cattle? Just thinking again.
          I was offered $400 an acre annual rent. But they were basically destroying future productivity of the land for that price.

Comment

Phone towers pay about the same but you can farm right around them. Oil leases pay a way more. I would be apprehensive to allowing a solar installation on my farm until there is an indemnity fund set up and laws in place if in the future the land is wrecked meaningful compensation is there. They stuffed it up with some of the early oil wells and have a mess so may as well start off on the right foot. I don’t know why any landowner pro solar would be against being environmentaly responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
              Would you have the land sale results? Thank you.
              Tender process so could be a couple of weeks before word gets out. Couple of guys I know will be putting in bids. Possible gravel under a couple of 1/4's so bids could get interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                Tender process so could be a couple of weeks before word gets out. Couple of guys I know will be putting in bids. Possible gravel under a couple of 1/4's so bids could get interesting.
                It is amazing how fast word travels.
                I bought some land by tender a couple years ago, and didn't tell anyone. Lawyer was far away, vendor was far away. Within hours of learning the results, I was getting phone calls from neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

I was offered $400 an acre annual rent. But they were basically destroying future productivity of the land for that price.
                  That's equivalent to annual on local oil leases. Apparently, there are negatives on both solar and oil.

Tear drop, built up clay turn-a-rounds, that don't use the full 110 - 120 square meter leases, have berms that blow out or pond water that destroys at least as much land outside the berm. I have to question a berm area that is filled with rain water when told by regulation that it was constructed to hold salt water and oil spills. I have never seen one company that sucks up their ponds, but rely on evaporation, and berm saturation and leakage to dry a travel route around a jack. I think it would be better off if government had insisted the companies sow down grass on area leased outside berm, and build a second perimeter berm the size of their lease.

Mower personnel curse berms.

Comment

That's equivalent to annual on local oil leases. Apparently, there are negatives on both solar and oil.

I get around a grand a acre on my leases. Not on prime land.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post

I get around a grand an acre on my leases. Not on prime land.
                      Yeah $400 an acre is really low. Crappy pasture land in Sask is $800.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

Yeah $400 an acre is really low. Crappy pasture land in Sask is $800.
                        It better not be $800, crappy pasture that supports 4 pairs isn’t worth much.

Comment

Was told by a landowner at Sylvan Lake, offers started at $500 and went to $1000. She feels she makes $500 on that dirt farming it.
                          The contracts were dangerous garbage.

Comment

My bad. Sorry about that. I misread what you were saying. $400/acre is for loss of use for what acreage is leased .

In addition there is $2100.00 annual. Typical three acre site, $3300.00.

Quarter sale today - $713,500.00. Getting more interesting as sales come up.

Oilfield needs to adjust rates to keep up to land sales.
                            Last edited by checking; Mar 14, 2024, 15:19.

Comment

My bad. Sorry about that. I misread what you were saying. $400/acre is for loss of use for what acreage is leased .

In addition there is $2100.00 annual. Typical three acre site, $3100.00.

Quarter sale today - $713,500.00. Getting more interesting as sales come up.
                              Yes. Land covered in white rock and panels. They said panels generated on both sides.

As rent goes that's fine. But could never be remediated IMO.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...