• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF Wheat taking a fall!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF Wheat taking a fall!

I am sitting at the VA hospital in Orlando waiting for my neighbour so I have time and this has been bugging me for a while. I’ll do a topic on how the USA gov really looks after there soldiers vs canada you are asking for more than we can give.

WTF is going on in all grain markets?

Funds are necessary for the markets but this is crazy.

boom down every day!

positive news and yet down down down it’s almost like it’s planned.

who are the funds? Is it democrat connected funds etc, we don’t know.

something is weird when nothing has dropped in the stores.

We have beer still up and going higher.

We have bread up or staying.

We have canola oil up or staying same.

so here is the question if they made huge dollars at $30 canola how much are they making on $12 or less?

South America guy who is usually right on with yield is down below 145 now as harvest moves on yet down down we go.

at this point I think if a nuclear war started or a bomb was dropped prices would still go lower.

It’s weird, I never believe the market knows mentality. Or the market knows how farmers work and can take as much as they want. We are easy pickings.

Rational given that China is buying cheap Russian wheat.

Comment

Russia is doing ok

Comment

Down down we go

Comment

Well if you think of it, Russia continues to supply the world with cheap wheat, France is going to carry over 30+% more than last year, US winter wheat crop is probably going to be bigger than anticipated. Where else could prices go???

Comment

Ok. Now do every single other crop other than rice?

Comment

Canola - no export demand only for oil to the US, way overprice on the world market, large south american crop in total, weaker demand on veg oil in general

Oats - millers are well covered

Corn - larger carryout, increased south american production

Soybean - basically same situation as canola

Canary seed - lack of demand

Barley - weak export demand, lots of US corn hitting feedlots

just for fun you can also throw in higher interest rates weighing on commodities as a whole.

please add in if I missed anything

Comment

Originally posted by justme18 View Post
                Canola - no export demand only for oil to the US, way overprice on the world market, large south american crop in total, weaker demand on veg oil in general

Oats - millers are well covered

Corn - larger carryout, increased south american production

Soybean - basically same situation as canola

Canary seed - lack of demand

Barley - weak export demand, lots of US corn hitting feedlots

just for fun you can also throw in higher interest rates weighing on commodities as a whole.

please add in if I missed anything

I d like to add that youre full of shit!!!!!

Canola oil is pumping out as fast as it can, high demand in usa for biofuels, canary huge demand there is none left and 75% of growing are is massive drought, wheat stocks are lower, there is no barley left on farm, what were seeing is middlemen pocketing insane profits at our expense nothing else is going down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post

what were seeing is middlemen pocketing insane profits at our expense nothing else is going down!!!
                  who is the middlemen? managed money? Grain Companies? which one is it?

Comment

The fertilizer companies think farmers will still make good returns with cheaper inputs and lower grain prices. I gotta shake my alittle on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by justme18 View Post

who is the middlemen? managed money? Grain Companies? which one is it?
                      You seem to be an expert on reasons to drive down prices you surely must know the answer to your own question then? You tell us, are you a grain buyer? Grocer? distributor? ag minister? or one of our farm crop group representatives at a paid vacation in Kananaskis or disney land perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post

You seem to be an expert on reasons to drive down prices you surely must know the answer to your own question then? You tell us, are you a grain buyer? Grocer? distributor? ag minister? or one of our farm crop group representatives at a paid vacation in Kananaskis or disney land perhaps?
                        Not an expert by any means just sayin what I see. Money drove the price up and the money drove the price down and I doubt its done yet. As for what I do, I was a grain buyer for almost thirty years and am looking at getting into market advising. I dont have the kinda cash that I can just take a 1-3 month vacation down south!

Comment

March 1 is the John Deere low so I expect we have cash flow selling. X9, land payments and land rents are calling for cash. Planning to send out rent checks next week as have the cash on hand. Around here, in the marginal land areas, there is a lot of new land that came or is coming out of hay and pasture so that is what will keep input prices supported until after seeding. I did sell out of feed barley this week so that is good.

Comment

No one complains when liquidity drives canola to $22. Works both ways.

Comment

Be nice if liquidity drove machinery / land prices down 50% to keep in line

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...