• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain companies with crushing plants profits soaring every time canola goes down!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steady decline in Argentina and Brazil soyoil export prices to near a 4 year low. Palm oil down about 60% from COVID era. Global veg oil export price trend remains down . . . .

Comment

There is no benefit what so ever to any farmers that are not near one of these crushers. yes good for the cities, good for jobs great for the grain companies they now have the step up in the supply chain, not so good for road maintenance. We re buying foreign canola and us canadian farmers are paying a higher basis because well they supposedly dont want it? Canola stocks are very low not just slightly.
      Without the crush grain co revenue is solely moving the most grain so there is some competiion to do so correct? with their own crush the game is changed entirely they are now bidding for product to make a profit on. in order to gain market share they need a cheap supply correct? once they put out of business foreign crushers this will get even better for us? I dont know about other areas but our local terminals once they have a crush somewhere there basis went to crap and now there is a take it or leave it attitude. At the very least why in exchage for approvals and subsidies werent we given a dividens postiton on the oil sold? why arent we owning these crushers ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
        Steady decline in Argentina and Brazil soyoil export prices to near a 4 year low. Palm oil down about 60% from COVID era. Global veg oil export price trend remains down . . . .
        Is there somewhere that lists the price difference between crush margin and what grocers pay for the oil in store? Yes canola prices have been declining for what year and half or so? and yes there will be a drag on price change in store but not this long.

also interesting to complain about foreign oil imported for the fuel industry but when it
        happens for canola nothing is said, must be not a priority in the political brainwash

Comment

Bunge raise basis $8/T today must be a price increase anticipated?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            Bunge raise basis $8/T today must be a price increase anticipated?
            Somebody has to pay for the Viterra takeover.

Comment

It matters how many buyers there are.

Comment

Less every take over buy out...

Comment

Can we focus on the fact that we still (so far at least for the near future) live and work in a free country....therefore go start a grain company and or build a canola crushing plant and or a flour mill and capture the margins that a lot here think are unreasonable or set the price that you think the farmer should be paid. I will be your first delivery with 3 super B's on your driveway to cash in on the higher prices. I am being totally respectful. We need more places to do business...not less.

Comment

How much were the expenses in 1984?

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
                      Can we focus on the fact that we still (so far at least for the near future) live and work in a free country....therefore go start a grain company and or build a canola crushing plant and or a flour mill and capture the margins that a lot here think are unreasonable or set the price that you think the farmer should be paid. I will be your first delivery with 3 super B's on your driveway to cash in on the higher prices. I am being totally respectful. We need more places to do business...not less.
                      How about you show us what price the crushers are getting for our product? and I dont mean the fake crush margin I mean the actuall price for the bottle of canola oil thats deliver to the grocer? This is something that our farm organizations should have at their finger tips 24/7, is it the grocer pocketing the dive in price or the crusher?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...