• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian farmers gonna reinvent the wheel?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian farmers gonna reinvent the wheel?

Surely not get your NFU in there to fight for you to stop such absurd thinking

Bit hard to understand context of article if its from a storage and handling perspective or marketing or both?

Some of the CBH statements are well a little of the mark shall leave it at that.

I know you guys will laugh at me but currently most expensive wheat in world is candian and australian despite recent market falls. Oz farmers are not selling. Foward sales contracts done 6/8 months filled remaing grain on farm or in elevator system.

Cheapest wheat is those countries who are undercutting markets to make sales exactly what CWB and AWB did and the veil of secrecy has been lifted as privacy time frames have expired. The terrible deals there plainly open to see but disguised in local domestic sales which AWB had strangelhold on except for us cowboys who sold "outside" the system despite all sorts of humourous threats and penned legal action that never happened.

Nobody zero even the most die hard single desk supporter here would go back but you guys might but surely only as a option not complusary. Your current govt aint that bossy

Comment

I’d hate to be a grain marketer with bins full of high-priced grain. Experience has taught me that buyers waltz when prices tank. Many foreign buyers don’t want the high-priced product any more when they can buy cheaper. You’ll hear every excuse under the sun.

Comment

Ffs , we invented the wheel with min / zero till.
        Look at some of the most successful min till machines ever made , Bourgault, Seed Hawk , Seed master , Morris
        Good God we taught the world how to farm in “sustainable” dry cropping ffs

Comment

Bunge is just another of a long line of name changes on the local elevator. The railways run the show here, always have, always will.

Comment

Phew single desk no coming anytime soon then for you guys was worried reading article that you may flip back to the dark side

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
              Phew single desk no coming anytime soon then for you guys was worried reading article that you may flip back to the dark side
              Yup let’s get 20% of our paycheque then wait for some clowns to give us a petty final payment.
              Awesome deal again
              fukin retards

Comment

There isn't a number small enough to express the probability of CWB return. The number is only slightly larger for a return of traditional co-ops. Similar to the number of Producer readers. Representative of the accuracy of the article.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  There isn't a number small enough to express the probability of CWB return. The number is only slightly larger for a return of traditional co-ops. Similar to the number of Producer readers. Representative of the accuracy of the article.
                  Look who has the Liberal / NDP ears …
                  I agree with you but it won’t matter
                  we are not European farmers, we will never untie like that.
                  we will have zero influence

Comment

Every single one of our farm organizations are too concerned about planning their next “meetings” in Mexico or Florida to brag about everything they are not doing
                    except for the NFU who is in Ottawa unfortunately engaged with the politics at play … absolutely the truth

Comment

Trudeau would've froze their bank accounts weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Every single one of our farm organizations are too concerned about planning their next “meetings” in Mexico or Florida to brag about everything they are not doing
                        except for the NFU who is in Ottawa unfortunately engaged with the politics at play … absolutely the truth
                        I don't think the problem is the location of the AGM. IF you're a trade org representing a portion of a nations GDP, you need to rub shoulders.
                        If there is a problem at all to me it's their sense of mandate and their seeming malaise.
                        Just like the old co-ops. Get some of those farmers off there and hire some professional suits.
                        80+ years of having decisions made for you. Critical self direction not learned just yet. Reminds me to send off refund app tomorrow.

Comment

Got it not a snowflakes chance in hell.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...