• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lubricants

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lubricants

What are people using for bulk orders of engine / hydraulic oils ect these days.

We have been using JD products for years without issue but it’s nice to compare options and prices. I think Chevron makes the JD 15w40 plus 50 engine oil from what I can find online. Maybe someone can correct me if I’m wrong on that. They have a partial synthetic grade comparable to the plus 50 with a 1.5x extended drain interval but it doesn’t match up the same on all the specs.

Are there any alternatives out there that folks are happy with? Lots of bulk delivery options seem to be available from different outfits. I don’t know how I feel about the quality of some of these alternatives. Seems as though some of these outfits are relabeling recycled oil products from big players like safety clean. Maybe these products are just as good but haven’t seen the evidence.

These are some of the players that one might consider a commercial account with. I’m sure I’m missing lots but if anyone has had good bad experiences. Please share.

amsoil
    petro can
    shell
    coop
    mobil
    Or
    recycling Outfits :
    boss, North 49, nemco

Petro can, Brendonn Wadena delivers to farm bulk into totes. Using 15w40, oil samples are fine. Hydraulic smells same as Deere.

Comment

Petro-Can here also.
      Used JD for years but price got to hard to stomach.
      Switched to Petro-Can and seems to be as good or better for a lot less money plus the Petro-Can dealer will deliver.

Comment

We use coop 15w40 just because it’s close. All the gas engines get 5w20 synthetic. To be honest I use whatever is available aside from Walmart brand with little troubles. Hytran oil I use the Walmart stuff. Done for years with no trouble. Combine though is all Deere brand fluids. Didn’t realize Boss are recyclers. Won’t bother with their motor oil then if I ever come across it. Unless they’ve improved the recycled oil it won’t stay in an engine. All it’s good for is topping off a leaky final drive on a cat.

Comment

Hey Wiltonranch The data sheet for some boss lube products from 2012 had hydrotreated spent petroleum as one of the main components in the composition. They now have on the website a claim to use only high quality virgin base oils. So I don’t want to toss them under the bus as they may now have a premium classification.

Walmart on the other hand does carry safety clean lubricant product's labeled under “super tech”. Safety clean is a major recycling outfit.

Comment

Ran Chevron Delo for years and a Chevron THF but have switched to Phillips 99 products within the last year or so. I just buy a pallet of pails as needed, not set up for bulk though I can get bulk delivered in those two brands here. Run 5W40 syn and syn THF that meets MAT3540 for the cvts.

Comment

Not an expert and don't use enough to warrant large totes.
              Pissed at CNH-RME pricing last year so compared to Co-op.
              Switched the 15w40 and kept the cnh hytran, same price if you compared specs.
              Change I saw is now they're hiding their specs on labels and literature.

Comment

Sometimes rocky has sale in March on oil otherwise just watch sales at c-tire or the others. Rotella,Co-op,or Oilmart not to loyal anymore as long as it meets specks.Getting old remembering using walmart oil in swathers and trucks for .97/litre for years

Comment

Oil has a shelf life. Dates are on containers.Was once told that is why it sometimes comes on sale.
                  Have changed oil and when adding new, a blob came out of bucket. Had other pails with blobs in them when checked at the time. Can't remember how old it was and won't comment on brand.
                  We had stocked up well one year-end but in hindsight we had stocked up poorly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...