• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rr canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rr canola

Anyone know where I can get some good cheap RR canola seed? Alberta/Saskatchewan

Try your bin, $0.28 per lb, just kidding.

Comment

The best way to get cheap RR canola seed is to go back to about 1998.

Does anyone know where to find a good cheap flux capacitor?

Comment

Who can afford the carbon tax on the 1.21 Gigawatts after u find a flux capacitor?

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
          Who can afford the carbon tax on the 1.21 Gigawatts after u find a flux capacitor?
          I can see the headlines alread.
          Time travel is the latest victim of climate change.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 24, 2024, 13:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngfarmer3 View Post
            Anyone know where I can get some good cheap RR canola seed? Alberta/Saskatchewan
            Last year there was a post on Facebook for a Croplan RR variety for 5 dollars a pound. I don’t know anything about the brand however or if the post was even legit.

Comment

You lost my interest at Facebook.

Comment

Could never figure out how farmers pay check offs and any railroad over charges they pay goes into R&D and yet they pay crazy prices to seed companies for seed that they financed to develop.

Comment

There has been cheap canola seed available for a while now. There was a dealer in Manitoba selling off patent RR1 soybean seed and more recently LL canola seed that was supposed to be similar to a 10 year old variety I heard. It was bare seed sold in mini bulks. The problem was the flea beetle control. Guys couldn't buy the high end treatments and what was available didn't work good enough. I think the seed grower was at Fisher Branch , MB

Comment

While the industry doesn't admit it yet, lower seed prices will be needed in order to buy back market share. Thinking the unthinkable, I am preparing for carryout canola. Will need a drought to get some value out of canola in the bin. Wheat and barley will be sold out. I do have two fields earmarked for canola with slightly less acres than 23 due to agronomic reasons. They have been two years cereal. We will need a 2 - 3 million reduction in canola acres to get seed prices back down. I have one variety at a similar price to last year booked but have not found anything else at similar to lower prices. More stuff has enhanced insecticide which once you figure in the bare seed price is actually lower but the overall cost per acre is higher. It will likely pay for itself but barely. I had an older variety last year (BY6076) that did well for me but can't get it this year. I swath so don't need the latest pod shatter tech.

Comment

Seed prices may stall but will not go down. Not a driver for acres IMHO in the canola belt. Certified pea seed costing as much here this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                        Could never figure out how farmers pay check offs and any railroad over charges they pay goes into R&D and yet they pay crazy prices to seed companies for seed that they financed to develop.
                        Over quota doesn't necessarily mean over charge. Goofy system but it's what we have. Didn't think WGRF covers any of the development or production costs of canola seed. Just some research. ?.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...