• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum Price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durum Price

Wow is the stuff getting flushed down the toilet. Turkey had to stick their nose into this market and destroy it, along with all the mixing of soft white wheat.
    New crop is sinking into the sunset.

Trying to find some excitement to plant a crop with these aweful prices.

I don’t want anyone to say these prices are at “historically” high values. Everything else is way above historical levels.

High prices cure high prices.

Couple that with us sending seed, technology, equipment, etc over to that region and somehow we're shocked that they're competing with us for exports......

Comment

Curing is one thing, killing them all together is a whole different story.

Comment

Inflation has ravaged the purchasing power of many of our buyers. If a populace can't afford to buy it, guess what they don't.
        Last edited by biglentil; Jan 11, 2024, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
          Wow is the stuff getting flushed down the toilet. Turkey had to stick their nose into this market and destroy it, along with all the mixing of soft white wheat.
          New crop is sinking into the sunset.

Trying to find some excitement to plant a crop with these aweful prices.

I don’t want anyone to say these prices are at “historically” high values. Everything else is way above historical levels.
          The real question now is how much Turkey affects new crop 2024. If Canada went back to average crop and they export 1 MMT+ what happens to price?

This has been on my mind for three months as i have the most durum acres going in this spring that I have ever had. Could be greasy.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post

The real question now is how much Turkey affects new crop 2024. If Canada went back to average crop and they export 1 MMT+ what happens to price?

This has been on my mind for three months as i have the most durum acres going in this spring that I have ever had. Could be greasy.
            How many more are going to increase acres? May have to plant little more wheat.
            At the end it’s all the same, both aren’t going to cover the costs.

Comment

Yes, acreage will likely shift from wheat to durum in Canada as well. Spread is too big not to. Likely 10% increase on that alone.

Comment

I'm hearing enough guys in NE Sask that have never grown durum before putting some in for 2024. And I'm sure HRS acres will be non existent in WC, SW and SC Sask

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post

I'm hearing enough guys in NE Sask that have never grown durum before putting some in for 2024. And I'm sure HRS acres will be non existent in WC, SW and SC Sask
                  Let em. If we have any wet weather at all, they will find out what a 5cwad is worth.

Like the time this lady at St Brieux seeded red lentils. Told me in the summer what a wonderful crop it was . It was
                  "knee high". In the fall when I asked her she didn't want to talk about it.

Comment

Garbage durum went to feedlots in 2016 for about 3 bucks a bushel, a couple years later that same durum for guys that held on to it was worth twice that. I think when you look at what is happening in Alberta feedlot country , counting on irrigation, there might be opportunities for anything grown. But that can all change with an enormous snow storm too.

Just my simple opinion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...