• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish our canola market as good as yours

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish our canola market as good as yours

Happy new year to you but not the canola market.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	11173
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	785917

I think our price pattern is somewhat similar to yours….painful. Pardon my ignorance but where is your operation located? I’ve been in NSW and the Sunshine Coast for the last few weeks. Sure getting our fair share of rain on our trip.

Comment

Only reason our canola price is higher than yours is because nobody is selling right now for the current price. Only canola moving is stuff that was forward priced. Might as well be concrete in the bins. At least the stuff in the bins is nice and cool and not 40 degrees C. How long before you guys are done blowing stuff out because gunna need to move it at some point. Wish I brought it all in off the combine like a buddy did. His was all a bit tough and rather than bin and worry, it all went into the elevator.

Comment

Should have sold every bushel of canola and wheat off combine

been the same 3 out of 4 years ??

not a good sign right now as prices have plummeted 40% in a year and apparently still absolutely no one buying .
        Last edited by furrowtickler; Jan 2, 2024, 19:10.

Comment

I wish we had a canola market …
          some buyers have no bid no as there is absolutely no sales at port
          there was a comment on here a while back that politics has nothing to do with commodity price … I beg to differ
          how bad is our relations with 40% of the world population lately… ie .. China and India ??
          and not the horse… version from CBC
          Any insight Larry , Errol ????
          Last edited by furrowtickler; Jan 2, 2024, 19:16.

Comment

Cause supplying tree huggers here in North America is a complete waste of time cause they want food for free and get a carbon tax rebate off our backs too boot

Comment

Son and I farm together.
              I got a call from Biodiesel plant looking for product. They also asked how much we have on farm.
              Son got similar call from elevator asking same questions.
              Both calls happened yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by wade View Post
                Son and I farm together.
                I got a call from Biodiesel plant looking for product. They also asked how much we have on farm.
                Son got similar call from elevator asking same questions.
                Both calls happened yesterday.
                Were they both bidding competitively or even close?

Comment

Our Canadian crush monopoly has killed the canola uncertainty factor theyre pocketing extreme profits and killed
                  offshore crushing. when will us idiots wake up???? Have you bought a jug of canola
                  oil instore lately????

Comment

It has not killed raw product export possibilities. Just out bid it.

Comment

It absolutely has killed foreign demand how could it not? if its crushed here what need
                      is there for crush abroad? where has the 7 dollars a bushel gone is the question?
                      The store price for canola oil still had a profit for everyone at 20 bucks a bushel. Store price has not gone down, so tell me black powder whos getting the 7 bucks? and in fact
                      APAS and canola growers if you want to spend some money on something useful for a
                      change answer that question

Comment

I m not making this shit up If you dont know the price of canola oil in the store
                        please go have a look. I have receits from 2 years ago and canolo oil price is
                        actually higher now. So whos pocketing the 7 bucks?

Comment

This conversation is at least as old as I am. Only now, I'm too damn tired to get into it yet again.
                          What would be your solution?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post

Were they both bidding competitively or even close?
                            Yes
                            Forgot to add- elevator has local crush plant also

Comment

Well I think the first thing to do is find out whos taking the 7 bucks because the
                              bare facts are facts price of canola and oil then and now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...