• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A.I.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEP View Post

Unless you attend a Viterra "marketing" webinar or meeting. Every one that I have gone to over the past 5 years can be summed up as "The best time to sell is now" .

They were projecting a 6mmt canola carryout. I think AAFC is around 1.5.

Boggles the mind why I bother reading their analysis.
    Makes sense considering they are on the opposite side of the trade.

Comment

Unless you attend a Viterra "marketing" webinar or meeting. Every one that I have gone to over the past 5 years can be summed up as "The best time to sell is now" .

I've never yet called an auction mart when they didn't tell me that the next sale is always the best day of the year to sell.

Comment

If I take your shares in company c and sell for $20 less a share. I make some money. You didn’t want to sell any of your shares in which the price for you to sell would have to be higher. But I borrowed your shares and sold to someone else. There for your shares that you didn’t sell just lost price. Kind of a simplified explanation of short selling. It’s pure manipulation

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
          If I take your shares in company c and sell for $20 less a share. I make some money. You didn’t want to sell any of your shares in which the price for you to sell would have to be higher. But I borrowed your shares and sold to someone else. There for your shares that you didn’t sell just lost price. Kind of a simplified explanation of short selling. It’s pure manipulation
          How do you sell for $20 less per share? You can only sell (short) at whatever the bid is at that moment. And why would you sell for $20 less, even if you could? The entire point of shorting is to sell as high as possible , not to sell below market, how would you make money when you have to buy your shorts back, if you sold them at below market value to start with?

Comment

Short selling you make money on the way down. If your long you make money on the way up

Comment

Short selling you make money on the way down. If your long you make money on the way up
              Yes. But you don't actually make any money until you buy the shares back hopefully at a lower value than you sold them for.
              If you somehow managed to manipulate the market so you could sell your shares short at $20 below market value, and as soon as you stop selling, the market bounces back to where all of the other buyers and sellers believe there is fair value, how do you make money buying back your shares at market value?

Comment

In a stale market nothing would be made. But when done on a down trend it just turns into more piling on. Driving it deeper.

Comment

In a stale market nothing would be made. But when done on a down trend it just turns into more piling on. Driving it deeper.
                  And then at some point, they all cover their shorts and drive it higher than it otherwise would have gone. And/or stop it from going any lower than it would have gone.

Comment

AAFC is typically more out to lunch then Statcan. I am pretty sure they use a dartboard as their main prediction tool.

Comment

More warnings WP.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...