• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a couple of 4000 bu flat bottom, non-aerated bins with temp cables that we put them in. Extended the bins so just took them out.

The way ours worked- Installed a vent on bin lid and the tubes were supported from the bin lid ring with 3 chains and had an adjustable base. If not careful and lowered fill auger too low, the top of aeration tube would restrict at downspout. I changed the chains so that the tube kinda hung to one side more- helped. We also use a bin sweep, so had to remove bottom section as we got to it.

They did help with temperature.

Comment

Just remove a load or two before winter, open lids and doors, cools down, never a problem. Best haul before spring. Hot and full till warmed in spring caused our infestation.

Comment

Tubes never worked for me in flat bottom bins. Even small 2000 bu bins of canola that weren't worth putting air tubes and a fan in. Take all the moisture in the bin and now concentrate it at the very top of the pile where it's most likely to heat anyway. Even with the lids propped partially open for venting. Recipe for heating. Threw them all away. Huge waste of money. Even if the bin didn't heat almost every bin when you emptied it had a grey mass of heated canola sticking to it at the very top of the tube.

Comment

Interesting.
          Haven't used myself.
          Thinking they're for a problem that has aged out anyway.
          I've wasted enough money fixing bins. New money should go to new builds, new tech. No one would build a bin without air today.
          Should've sold my small bind when they were worth something.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
            Tubes never worked for me in flat bottom bins. Even small 2000 bu bins of canola that weren't worth putting air tubes and a fan in. Take all the moisture in the bin and now concentrate it at the very top of the pile where it's most likely to heat anyway. Even with the lids propped partially open for venting. Recipe for heating. Threw them all away. Huge waste of money. Even if the bin didn't heat almost every bin when you emptied it had a grey mass of heated canola sticking to it at the very top of the tube.
            this is not my experience. Did you fill the bins full? lids have to be wide open from harvest till now unless raining or snowing. you didnt let them do their job properly

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...