• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combines sell for reasonable prices in Saskatoon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combines sell for reasonable prices in Saskatoon

Watching the RB auction in Saskatoon and the combines sold quite reasonable. I recently bought a used combine private and watched the nearest equivalent sell. Suggests I may have paid 10% over market. Oh well a deal is a deal. Good to see used machinery prices coming down and an STO will have significantly lower machinery costs than their BTO competitors if they can swing a wrench. Over priced parts are still a problem though but many older machines will do quite a bit without many break downs. I went to a newer machine as my old one looks dated. Used x9 for $1 million is laughable. Looking at you: Brandt.

U never overpay if you know the home. RB is a price setter. Dealers support an RB machine after everyone else.
    Yes, 1000-1500 hr machines getting "affordable". Buying hours for $400 isn't a thing anymore. For now.
    Dealers sending their aged inventory to town.
    My last trade sat on lot for 2 years.
    They wrote it down $100k and sent it to RB. Damn good buy for someone.
    Very glad not flipping now.

Comment

Yes the X9's (Class 8700's NH 10.9) depreciating $200K the first year....$200K/3500 acres in my country... $57 per acre combining ouch! $150000 on a good S680 gets you a 1000 hours prepaid x 15 acres per hour....15000 acres....$10 per acre combining ....low cost operator can make money in $13 canola....yeah I'm pretty sure I'm missing something...my Deere Sales Manager told me the S Series were going to be extinct because just everyone buys X9's today. Easy Peezy!

Comment

Maybe they will change them to Twitter9s.

Comment

Wow went to RB site to see prices of todays sales.....holly sheet the bottom fell out today! 5 year old skid steers selling for $100K two weeks ago...today $35K....augers for $30K a month ago...$13K...1000 bushel grain carts $50K last summer $13K today....tractors at $300 plus still stupid....but I would say the part is ending....thought I was looking at a RB Sale in 2021 before the Covid BS...guess $13 canola and 5$ barley is having an impact.....

Comment

There has been billions taken of the table this past year
            the chickens are coming home to roost , even for those 20% that had 3 good crops in a row .
            party is done in ag for a while , even for those that have had unbelievable success lately

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
              Yes the X9's (Class 8700's NH 10.9) depreciating $200K the first year....$200K/3500 acres in my country... $57 per acre combining ouch! $150000 on a good S680 gets you a 1000 hours prepaid x 15 acres per hour....15000 acres....$10 per acre combining ....low cost operator can make money in $13 canola....yeah I'm pretty sure I'm missing something...my Deere Sales Manager told me the S Series were going to be extinct because just everyone buys X9's today. Easy Peezy!
              The 20% that applies too are even feeling the pinch now
              Ag dealers about to get a huge kick in the arse next year and their cockiness will be a bear trap on their nuts
              Most farmers can farm without new stuff , been proven for the past 100 years . Most will cut the fat to survive , they do not understand that yet

Comment

Those same dealers still think the average canola is always going to be $20 /bus and everyone always gets 60 bus / ac ….. well there is a huge wake up call happening right now . Good luck , like Trudeau saying the budget will balance itself, just completely ignorant of the real world . Hope it was fun

Comment

Record profits for the manufacturers. Even the air seeder makers. So someone is making money.

Comment

most of those combines need a header then need to be run through a shop...still way too highly priced in my opinion.

Comment

Wow went to RB site to see prices of todays sales.....holly sheet the bottom fell out today! 5 year old skid steers selling for $100K two weeks ago...today $35K....augers for $30K a month ago...$13K...1000 bushel grain carts $50K last summer $13K today....tractors at $300 plus still stupid....but I would say the part is ending....thought I was looking at a RB Sale in 2021 before the Covid BS...guess $13 canola and 5$ barley is having an impact.....
                      Must be looking at a different sale than I am.

Comment

Remember to add in the RB fee for the privilege of buying it from them! But hey you might get a hat. $3638 on anything selling for 75 thousand

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post

Must be looking at a different sale than I am.
                          I have to agree, I don't think he realizes the real bidding happens with 5 minutes left on an item, also I don't think newer combines with bent unload augers, plugged air filters, original factory engine oil and never been greased is a real bargain.

Comment

Or 15 minutes after with a “soft close” , aka ; we’re gonna *** you for a little more while you’re all stressed out. Maybe tack on another 10 minutes if they tie it to another piece . Can’t be bothered with that horseshit anymore

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...