• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mineral Rights

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mineral Rights

I lost an Uncle and we are in the process of selling his land.
    One of his quarters he has title to the mineral rights.
    What would be the value of this title?
    This is in an area with a fair amount of oil exploration but nothing ever found on his land.
    Last edited by seldomseen; Nov 13, 2023, 19:13.

Unsolicited cold call letter from Brownstone Resources Ltd., a farmland and mineral buyer out of Weyburn, SK., 306-891-8990, maybe two weeks ago was asking of us.

Personally, I'd never relinquish them, but perhaps if you're an estate executor, you have to have a ballpark value.

Know nothing of the company, whether good, or bad, but it's a start for you.

Comment

You could seperate the mineral rights from the land and either sell or hold each to market to best advantage

Comment

A friend was approached by an oil company to lease mineral rights on a quarter. I think they got $15000.00 for a 3 year lease, and the company never did anything. So my guess is they are worth a lot.

Comment

This was prob 10 years ago too

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s guys.
            I am not the executor my cousin is and he’s not in agriculture. I guess if they are cheap and nobody wants them I could buy them even if it’s just to have a small chunk of Grandpa’s farm.
            Likely if I show interest a few others will do the same!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
              Thanks for the reply’s guys.
              I am not the executor my cousin is and he’s not in agriculture. I guess if they are cheap and nobody wants them I could buy them even if it’s just to have a small chunk of Grandpa’s farm.
              Likely if I show interest a few others will do the same!
              You should buy them if you get a chance
              you would be part of a very very small elite group
              you never know what’s down there
              drilled one of the first gas wells at Rimbey on a farmers quarter , he had the rights , he brought us donuts every day. Said if it was a marginal well he would be rich , it was a boomer as most that followed were, he had about 20 quarters , quite a few with mineral rights . Think he bought a carribean island

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...